Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Fake pregnancy

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 107 Replies
Have you ever known anyone who faked a pregnancy? Details as in why did they and how did you find out?

ETA: Not sure why a couple of people are accusing me of needing to fake a pregnancy but I'm happily and monogamously married for several years and pregnant anyway..but even if I weren't pregnant, I can't even fathom why I'd need to fake it. I just find these stories interesting because people are always mentioning it around here and I've NEVER met anyone IRL who did that.
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 29, 2013 at 3:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
eesmommy
by Gold Member on Jan. 29, 2013 at 3:50 PM
Yes, my ex sil and my husbands ex girlfriend.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
lauren.m
by Platinum Member on Jan. 29, 2013 at 3:50 PM
No
Tiff_R_92
by Silver Member on Jan. 29, 2013 at 3:51 PM
I knew a girl who faked not knowing she was pregnant so she could get the free stuff from her hospital.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Ms.Pink.
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 3:52 PM
2 moms liked this
Why do you want details? Need ideas?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 29, 2013 at 3:53 PM
Yes! A woman I used to be friends with faked one. Her boyfriend was going to leave her because she cheated. She told him she was pregnant and had been waiting until se knew the gender to tell him. I was pregnant with DD at the time and she begged me to pee on a test for her so she could have "proof". I declined and we never really maintained our friendship after that. I'm going anon because she actually is a mom now and she might be on here.
Nicoleb9
by Emerald Member on Jan. 29, 2013 at 3:53 PM
What did she get for free that way?

Quoting Tiff_R_92:

I knew a girl who faked not knowing she was pregnant so she could get the free stuff from her hospital.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 29, 2013 at 3:54 PM

a friend of mine.

im not sure if she really faked it or not, theres no way to really know. told me she was pregnant, wanted to have an abortion because her bf didnt want the baby. they were having alot of problems around the time she was suddenly pregnant. was talking about a fight they got in. she told me that she told her boyfriend "fine, i'll just have the abortion so you can go live your life as a single man." then suddenly a week later, she told me she had the abortion two weeks ago.

i will never know.........

mrscass0416
by Gold Member on Jan. 29, 2013 at 3:54 PM

yes to trap a man. But she was that ignorant to do something like that. After she told him she had an abortion. Thank God she grew up and now has common sense this was when she was aroud 19 I think

brittany208
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 3:55 PM

nope. I'm not friends with people like that.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 29, 2013 at 3:55 PM
Lol no, I meant WHY they did and how you found out. I'm 10 weeks with my 5th pregnancy, hardly need to pretend.

Quoting Ms.Pink.:

Why do you want details? Need ideas?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)