Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

How many miscarriages... *May be a sensitive subject*

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 35 Replies
Have you had? I just had my second mc this week. It was the second one in a row. I'm terrified of it happening a third time. They did all the blood work and found nothing wrong but couldn't find fetal tissue to test for abnormalities, so I'll never know for sure I guess. We have two healthy children and I had normal pregnancies so having one was a shock, but now having another one back to back has me so upset. How many have you had and have you had any consecutively? Did they find a reason? I was 8 weeks the first time and 3 weeks this time. I didn't even take a test yet but went in from severe cramps and shooting pains and they informed me two days ago that not only was I a few weeks along, but also that I'm losing it. I get pregnant very easily, but not sure why I would mc two like this now. I don't smoke, drink, do drugs, don't have high blood pressure, no meds, no infection, no health problems at all. I also have completely normal anatomy. They told ke during the ultrasound that there's nothing wrong with my uterus or cervix..
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 29, 2013 at 4:36 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lovinmyboys...
by Gold Member on Jan. 29, 2013 at 4:38 PM
4....2 before ds1 and 2 before ds 2.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
goodmama85
by Diamond Member on Jan. 29, 2013 at 4:39 PM
1 after my oldest dd and before my ds
SummersMom06
by Member on Jan. 29, 2013 at 4:40 PM

hi  I have had 2.    i had a miscarriage in 2001 then years later had a healthy daughter in 2006 then in 2008 we tried again and ended up hving another miscarriage so we tried again and have another healthy daughter in 2009 they never found a reason why. They just say it happens.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 29, 2013 at 4:40 PM
I'm sorry...((hugs)) sometimes you'll just never know why. There may have been something wrong with the baby and the body expelled. That's what I've been told.
I have had 6 pregnancies. My first 3 were all miscarriages, my 4th was live, my 5th was ectopic, and currently pregnant with number 6. I'm 23.
I wish I had an answer for you. I don't have one for me either. All I can say is just hang in there.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 29, 2013 at 4:41 PM
Four? I'm sorry. Did they ever find a cause? I know usually they don't.

Quoting lovinmyboys...:

danie24
by Ruby Member on Jan. 29, 2013 at 4:41 PM
None.

We have 3 kids.

Good luck!
sam12796
by Platinum Member on Jan. 29, 2013 at 4:42 PM

unfortunately a few. A long time ago. I made a choice or I should say excepted the fact that me nor my husband would have children. Went on the pill and took it successfully for 5 years and then my OB put me on a lower dose hormone pill because I was now 35 years old. A year later I found out I was 11 weeks along. I was terrified. I had still been taking the pill the whole time. Dr. said not to worry it was a very low dose pill. Well she is now 5.5 years old and her sister is 3 almost 4. Amazing how life works sometimes. I never was tested either. My first was over twenty years ago and the second was nineteen years ago. Drs just said sometimes bad things happen with my first. Gave no answers for the second. The others were close to that time to. I wish you luck if a baby is what you are wanting. It is scary and heartbreaking when that happens.

lovinmyboys...
by Gold Member on Jan. 29, 2013 at 4:43 PM
I do have low progesterone. It did help to keep my boys in when I took it the first trimester.

Quoting Anonymous:

Four? I'm sorry. Did they ever find a cause? I know usually they don't.

Quoting lovinmyboys...:

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 29, 2013 at 4:43 PM
Thanks. Yeah, they told me sometimes they find a cause, but usually they don't. They said if it's early on, before 8 weeks, the baby usually just didn't develop right so it can't continue to develop so the body just rejects it.

Quoting Anonymous:

I'm sorry...((hugs)) sometimes you'll just never know why. There may have been something wrong with the baby and the body expelled. That's what I've been told.

I have had 6 pregnancies. My first 3 were all miscarriages, my 4th was live, my 5th was ectopic, and currently pregnant with number 6. I'm 23.

I wish I had an answer for you. I don't have one for me either. All I can say is just hang in there.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 29, 2013 at 4:45 PM

I've had 3. And my doctor hasn't done any testing to determine why. My most recent was over the weekend. I have had one normal, healthy pregnancy. Mine were not consecutive, 2008, 2012, 2013. Like you I have HBP but no other known health issues. In the future when we try if I have miscarraiges then I'll push my doctor about why this happens to me but for now I just want to have my body back to normal. I spent the last year trying to get "normal" after the 2012 miscarriage so I'm hoping the recovery this time won't be so long and aggravating.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)