Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I am convinced that those of us who are intelligent and competent are at a disadvantage

Posted by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 4:40 PM
  • 50 Replies
6 moms liked this

Seriously, we are all expected to be patient with people who take extra time to understand things and accomplish things. If we don't, we aren't compassionate or friendly or whatever. We aren't supposed to say anything when they take all day to accomplish anything. HOWEVER, when I breeze through MY work and am caught up and waiting for the next "wave" of work, I am informed that it looks bad for me to not be doing anything. It looks like I'm wasting time. Um, I'm doing the SAME AMOUNT OF WORK AS EVERYONE ELSE and am more organized than most of you too. It's not my fault you are slow and you take forever to get your work done. And NO, I am not going to volunteer to take anyone else's work just because I'm caught up on mine. I'm sick of hearing, "You're really smart so you should help everyone else." Don't penalize me and give me more work because I'm competent.

Vent complete.

by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 4:40 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jan. 29, 2013 at 4:42 PM

whats worse is when its the people who get paid MORE than you, they do less work, and GOD FORBID you let it be known that you corrected something they did wrong. assistant managers with such big egos, asses, and paychecks. i do the work dammit!!!

owl0210
by Emerald Member on Jan. 29, 2013 at 4:44 PM
What do you do for a living?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
notjstasocermom
by Emerald Member on Jan. 29, 2013 at 4:45 PM

I totally agree.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 29, 2013 at 4:47 PM
The lazy person does twice the work.
I can never tell sometimes if people are just not efficient, "slow" etc. or just plain lazy.
wkukid
by Ocean Wave on Jan. 29, 2013 at 4:47 PM

I quit arguing with someone on here earlier because they couldn't comprehend basic psychology. I just gave up, they lowered themselves to calling me names lol.

garnet83
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 4:48 PM

Finance

Quoting owl0210:

What do you do for a living?

mommytoeandb
by Platinum Member on Jan. 29, 2013 at 4:48 PM
1 mom liked this
I have felt your pain.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 29, 2013 at 4:48 PM
1 mom liked this
You work at Walmart, don't you?
garnet83
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 4:50 PM

I do have one coworker that, I'm convinced, goes so slowly so she doesn't have to take more work.

Quoting Anonymous:

The lazy person does twice the work.
I can never tell sometimes if people are just not efficient, "slow" etc. or just plain lazy.

mich.el.le
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 4:51 PM

Who cares? Just work. If you're done, find something else to do. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)