Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

How long does it take you to clean all of your house?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
And do you clean it daily?its taking me hrs because I didnt clean for 3 days :(
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 29, 2013 at 5:40 PM
Replies (31-40):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Jan. 29, 2013 at 6:20 PM

Um...I couldn't really say. It's never been clean to my satisfaction and I'm not sure it ever could be. I have OCD and am very germ-conscious. If the toilet is used a single time after I clean it, it is thrown right back into the 'filthy' category. A "quick sweep" for me can take hours. Probably also because of OCD. I put way too much focus on small details. I can't just put books on a shelf, they must be sorted and arranged in an aesthetically pleasing manner. A task that would take the average person less than a minute can use up the better part of an hour when I do it. It's frustrating but I can't seem to help myself.

Lydia-Marie
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 6:21 PM
I spend 1-2 hours a day doing a basic clean and do a deep clean twice a week that takes 2-4 hours depending on how much I do. Mopping, base boards, walls, stove, bath tub, cupboards are split up, but mopping is done both deep cleans. I'm told I keep a freaky clean house for someone with 2 kids lol
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
vicki77433
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 6:22 PM

Like, the whole house?  That never happens.

t_creanskisa
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 6:22 PM

its never ending

jbirdsladie27
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 6:25 PM
It could go from a few minutes to a few hours, depends on exactly what I'm doing that day.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
lucsch
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 6:25 PM

I try to do a little every day. I think to clean all the bathrooms, dust, vacuum all the floors, and mop the kitchen and bathroom floors, it would take me about 4 hours. I haven't done it all in one day for a long while, though.

nerdymom28
by Ruby Member on Jan. 29, 2013 at 6:25 PM

Deep cleaning my entire house, without interruptions, would take about 2 hours. With my kids in tow, it'll take at least twice that long. And no, I don't clean every day because I work full time during the week. I clean every Saturday; run the vacuum, dust, clean bathrooms, etc. And then about once a month I do a full deep-clean; all of the above, plus washing windows, scrubbing floors, organizing the kids' bedroom, cleaning the furniture, etc.

momtolittleg
by Platinum Member on Jan. 29, 2013 at 6:26 PM

I rarely do it all at once. I don't clean most things even weekly. I keep up with dishes daily, laundry weekly, the cat box every few days. I vacuum maybe twice a month, vacuum the hard floors weekly, dust... sometimes?  I could never do the whole thing in one day- it's usually a weekend thing, but I rotate chores so it is spread out.  

MamaMoopsie
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 6:27 PM

It takes me the majority of the day--depending on if I'm deep cleaning or just surface cleaning. Surface cleaning it'll take me two or three hours to straighten everything, do a couple loads of laundry, wash dishes, sweep and vacuum. If I'm deep cleaning it'll take me two or three days sometimes. I'll scrub the floors, walls, counters, toilets, tub and shower. I'll shampoo the carpets. Reorganize things.

Generally I just do surface cleaning. lol

mom_to_kenzie
by Bronze Member on Jan. 29, 2013 at 6:27 PM
couple hours each day..I really try not to let things get out of hand bc I get overwhelmed with it..and yet I still feel like a maid. mainly bc my 4 ye old refuses to clean up messes that she makes (even my almost 2 year old picks up his toys)--I think we're going through a very lazy phase and it sucks!!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN