Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

How long does it take you to clean all of your house?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
And do you clean it daily?its taking me hrs because I didnt clean for 3 days :(
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 29, 2013 at 5:40 PM
Replies (51-55):
coala
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 7:02 PM

The "normal" cleaning I can get done in about an hour.  If we are deep cleaning it will take us another 2 hours.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jan. 29, 2013 at 7:04 PM

We have 7 rooms in our house and I take an entire day for each room when I am deep cleaning.  Once it is done it does the upkeep is pretty simple.  We have 11 windows in our house, not counting doors lol  We have an art room and there are always beads behind everything, so I have to pull the tables out and vacuum behind them and I hate to do it.  I was not putting your cleaning down by any means, people have different size homes and different way of cleaning, it sounds like you are a regular deep cleaner and I am not, that is why it takes me so long.  If I kept up with it a little more it would not take me as long lol

Quoting Love060708kids:

Wow!  We don't have much stuff, we live pretty simply! haha

Our closets are easy, we only have four curtains in the house, the rest are blinds, I clean those every other day along with the window sills.  I could go on and on, but, I meticulously clean all the time.  If I'm going to clean, I'm going to clean...it's all or nothing with me.  It's a love/hate relationship. haha

Quoting Anonymous:

Spring cleaning takes me 10 days, cleaning about 10 hrs a day.  I go completely crazy though, washing curtains, wiping down walls and pictures, cleaning windows inside and out, clean out every closet in the house, scrubbing carpets and getting rid of things we do not use.  I do it right before Christmas and once in the summer.  I hate doing it but I love the results when it is done.

Quoting Love060708kids:

Uhm, it depends on how much laundry I have to do.

Usually top to bottom, spring clean type stuff about 3 hours.

jyofray
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 7:04 PM

It takes me a few hours because I am always having the music playing loud and I sing and dance around while I clean... a bit of a distraction but the only way it'll get done. I do it every other day (while my youngest is in day school part time) Hands and knees kinda clean. Only have two kids but the mess is like having twelve >.<

Love060708kids
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 7:06 PM

LOL

Trust me, it's a love/hate relationship.

PS. I do not do beads. hahaha

Quoting Anonymous:

We have 7 rooms in our house and I take an entire day for each room when I am deep cleaning.  Once it is done it does the upkeep is pretty simple.  We have 11 windows in our house, not counting doors lol  We have an art room and there are always beads behind everything, so I have to pull the tables out and vacuum behind them and I hate to do it.  I was not putting your cleaning down by any means, people have different size homes and different way of cleaning, it sounds like you are a regular deep cleaner and I am not, that is why it takes me so long.  If I kept up with it a little more it would not take me as long lol

Quoting Love060708kids:

Our closets are easy, we only have four curtains in the house, the rest are blinds, I clean those every other day along with the window sills.  I could go on and on, but, I meticulously clean all the time.  If I'm going to clean, I'm going to clean...it's all or nothing with me.  It's a love/hate relationship. haha

Quoting Anonymous:

Spring cleaning takes me 10 days, cleaning about 10 hrs a day.  I go completely crazy though, washing curtains, wiping down walls and pictures, cleaning windows inside and out, clean out every closet in the house, scrubbing carpets and getting rid of things we do not use.  I do it right before Christmas and once in the summer.  I hate doing it but I love the results when it is done.

Quoting Love060708kids:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jan. 29, 2013 at 7:14 PM
1 mom liked this

I don't mind the beads so much, but I HATE HATE HATE glitter!  That stuff is like herpes, once it is in your house there is no way to get rid of it lol

Quoting Love060708kids:

LOL

Trust me, it's a love/hate relationship.

PS. I do not do beads. hahaha

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Love060708kids:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Love060708kids:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN