Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

f*** this working life! i want to be a sahm.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 76 Replies
Today I only work half day and so I got up early and made breakfast for my little boy, hes 3 yrs old. I watched cartoons with him then I gave him a bubble bath. We went to the store then it was time for me to leave. He cried and hugged me. I told him I really had to go and he had ti stay home with his gramma. I kissed him and walked out the door. I can still hear him crying and banging on the door. I was holding the door so he wouldn't open it. Then finally he gave up. I had never seen him do this because he is always sleeping when I leave for work. I love my job and I love being able to help provide for my family. My dh works full time aswell and truthfully with only his money I'm sire we can make it. We would be really tight but we would survive. I like my life the way I'm living it but now I'm thinking is it really worth it? I will be on maternity leave from April to June so I can give birth and spend time with the baby but now I'm not sure if I can go back to work. I don't want my son to feel left out or lonely. The problem is that with the new baby I know we can't be tight in money. Babies need so much and my options are going back to work and leave my son and baby to the care of my mom or become a sahm and resort to food stamps. I don't know I'm very torn and I don't want to go to food stamps. I need advice please.
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 29, 2013 at 5:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 29, 2013 at 5:55 PM
1 mom liked this

For starters, I wouldn't let my three year old pull that shit. 

As for food stamps, why not? Everyone else is doing it. 

Bax
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 5:56 PM

Keep your job.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 29, 2013 at 5:57 PM
But how would you handle it then? I just explained I had to go work and I would be back soon. He just kept crying.

Quoting Anonymous:

gblossom
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 5:57 PM
2 moms liked this

Ohh mama, if possible just save while you can so it could help when you're on leave and maybe stay on leave longer.. hope everything works out. I couldn't imagine leaving my little one - you're super strong for even being a working mom.<3

LovelyMommy24
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 5:58 PM
I'm sorry you're in that position. :(
gblossom
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 5:58 PM

You sound ridiculous.

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 29, 2013 at 5:59 PM

I know it's tough and I have done both. I would say that you should do what's best for you and your family but i don't think you should go on assistance unless you absolutely have no other options. it will be very hard to get back to not needing them and you don't want to rely on the government forever, kwim?

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 29, 2013 at 6:00 PM
Thanks. I am saving money for when I go on leave and I am also buying stuff right now like diapers and baby wipes so that by the time baby comes I wont have to stress it.

Quoting gblossom:

Ohh mama, if possible just save while you can so it could help when you're on leave and maybe stay on leave longer.. hope everything works out. I couldn't imagine leaving my little one - you're super strong for even being a working mom.<3

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 29, 2013 at 6:01 PM

The crying will stop after you leave. My kids did the same thing and when I went to work I called and they were have a blast playing. I know its hard but when he goes to school it will happen again .

mariesmama
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 6:01 PM

no you dont i have been a sahm for 3 yrs hubby keeps losing jobs so i gotta find one without recent job experince

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)