Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

f*** this working life! i want to be a sahm.

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
Today I only work half day and so I got up early and made breakfast for my little boy, hes 3 yrs old. I watched cartoons with him then I gave him a bubble bath. We went to the store then it was time for me to leave. He cried and hugged me. I told him I really had to go and he had ti stay home with his gramma. I kissed him and walked out the door. I can still hear him crying and banging on the door. I was holding the door so he wouldn't open it. Then finally he gave up. I had never seen him do this because he is always sleeping when I leave for work. I love my job and I love being able to help provide for my family. My dh works full time aswell and truthfully with only his money I'm sire we can make it. We would be really tight but we would survive. I like my life the way I'm living it but now I'm thinking is it really worth it? I will be on maternity leave from April to June so I can give birth and spend time with the baby but now I'm not sure if I can go back to work. I don't want my son to feel left out or lonely. The problem is that with the new baby I know we can't be tight in money. Babies need so much and my options are going back to work and leave my son and baby to the care of my mom or become a sahm and resort to food stamps. I don't know I'm very torn and I don't want to go to food stamps. I need advice please.
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 29, 2013 at 5:53 PM
Replies (21-30):
ajrjj05
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 6:09 PM

Do you think working mom enjoy listening to that?! Be grateful your mom is your sitter!! Go back to work, it will be good for you and the children :)

ChloeDolce1
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 6:09 PM

You have to do what you have to do.  That's all there is to it.  We make our own life choices.  If you are choosing to have kids on a tight budget and you must work to be able to feed them...then hey that's what you have to do.  I'm sure it's tough, and you'd like it to be different and mayeb one day it will be.  Work towards that.  I don't mean to sound cold at all really....I just feel like myself personally If I hought I wanted to stay home with my child and money would be tight...maybe i wouldn't have another just yet.  But you are so now you just have to make it work. 

ChloeDolce1
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 6:10 PM

EXACTLY.  Thank you!!!

Quoting boldrumble:

If you need pa to sah....then you cant afford to quit your job.

pristine729
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 6:11 PM
Your actually teaching your son coping skills...and now my son doesn't cry anymore. He knows I'm coming back. You'll be ok either way. Play it by ear...
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
mommy2twoboys46
by Silver Member on Jan. 29, 2013 at 6:11 PM

I started working third shift for this reason. It was easier for me though because the kids were in school. Hubby was at home with them at night when I was working, I was home to get them up and around for school in the morning, then I slept while they were at school and woke up when they got home. I didn't go to work until after they went to bed. They never even knew I was gone. Now I am laid off and home with them but I am looking for a third shift job again.

Good luck in your situation.

Alliemad_3
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 6:11 PM
1 mom liked this
From now until April put your checks in savings and don't touch them...at all. For anything. See if you can live on one paycheck. If you find yourself dipping into them, you know you can't afford to stay home. If you're fine, then fine tune the budget and enjoy your babies.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
gonecrazi
by Silver Member on Jan. 29, 2013 at 6:11 PM

Maybe you could work part time...

ATG499
by Platinum Member on Jan. 29, 2013 at 6:12 PM
Keep your job, hun. You need it. He just doesn't understand because it's new to him. He'll learn soon.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
squocket
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 6:18 PM

Ugh, bummer for you. Have you tried starting at a temp agency. They should be able to help you find something. It would be a way for you to re-establish yourself in the work force and could turn into a full-time position somewhere.

Quoting mariesmama:

no you dont i have been a sahm for 3 yrs hubby keeps losing jobs so i gotta find one without recent job experince

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 29, 2013 at 6:21 PM
I work from 9-5 so I am away all day. Today was just 2-6. I'm thinking that of I do come back after maternity leave I can ask my boss to give me the early shift part time only which would be from 9-2

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Yeah that's exactly part of why I don't want to quit my job. I just don't want to go into assistance. My dh said he would get a second job but then he'd be giving up his family completely. I wouldn't want him to do that.

Quoting Anonymous:

I know it's tough and I have done both. I would say that you should do what's best for you and your family but i don't think you should go on assistance unless you absolutely have no other options. it will be very hard to get back to not needing them and you don't want to rely on the government forever, kwim?

Could you just cut your hours? this way you are still contributing but you are away less. Or, is it possible for you to work a different shift, second or third, that way you are gone when they are sleeping rather than the better part of the day.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN