Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

How do you feel about this statement?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

Any and all opinions welcome. Please don't just say its stupid or that you agree. I'd like to know why you feel the way you do.
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 29, 2013 at 5:58 PM
Replies (101-105):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 18 on Jan. 30, 2013 at 1:05 AM

Hmmm. I don't think I agree. It implies that if a woman doesn't want to have a baby she is pro-choice and will probably have an abortion right? And if the guy doesn't want to be a dad he has no choices and becomes a deadbeat if he doesn't care for the child right? If I'm reading it right, I don't agree. I got pregnant young, the father made it clear that he did not want to be a father and wanted me to have an abortion. I'm pro-choice and I chose not to have an abortion. MY choice, not his. I absolved him if any responsibility and never saw him again. If women get to choose, men should too.

Kaseyrose21
by Gold Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 1:39 AM
Not true and you are comparing apples to oranges. The baby is born in the first scenario. Just a clump of cells in the second. Not even a baby yet. But i do believe that if the guy didn't want the child he shouldn't be forced to raise or provide. if he didn't have a say in whether or not the child is born she shouldn't get to make him provide financial support.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 19 on Jan. 30, 2013 at 1:48 AM

I don't agree.

If the man's GF is pro-choice they wouldn't be a dad, so they couldn't be a deadbeat dad even if they don't want to take care of the kid.

You can't take care of a blob of 100 cells.  I don't see the point.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 30, 2013 at 7:08 AM

As explained a few times, I am talking about the fact that a man knows a woman may or may not abort, he already chose what to do w/his sperm.

Quoting thetrollcat:

women know also and they have sex TOO

Quoting Anonymous:

Ridiculous.

The man knows what can happen and still chooses to have sex.

Also, many deadbeat dads start out as dads or wanting the kids.

Freela
by Platinum Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 7:15 AM

Yes, it's not an even relationship- but it's biology that makes it uneven. Women get pregnant and men don't- it's inherently unfair at a biological level and I don't see any way to make it 'fair' without being blatantly unfair to the child in question.

The majority of deadbeat dads who I know started out wanting the babies. Many were even married to the mom. The worst deadbeat dad I know is my best friend's dad... he was married to her mom for years when he up and left to live with his mistress. Had a new family and refused to pay any support even though he made a six-digit salary. He got away with it because he could afford lawyers and knew that she couldn't afford to pursue him to the ends of the earth for support. His ex and three kids from that marriage had nothing, his second wife and daughter had everything. The kids suffer when dads opt out- yes, not having an option is unfair to the dad, but having a deadbeat dad is even more unfair to the kids, and the kids are the innocents in that situation and deserve better.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)