Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

How do you feel about this statement?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

Any and all opinions welcome. Please don't just say its stupid or that you agree. I'd like to know why you feel the way you do.
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 29, 2013 at 5:58 PM
Replies (21-30):
LaughingTattoo
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 6:21 PM
3 moms liked this

He wont be legally allowed to walk away. Just like she wont be forced to be a part of the childs life after its born.

A woman isnt legally allowed to give away a baby without the fathers consent. She shouldnt be allowed to kill it either, without his consent. Shes carrying part of HIS body....its no longer just her body

Quoting Jynnifer292:

What happens if he does that and then walks away? You can't give someone else control over another person's body.

Quoting LaughingTattoo:

Yup. Obviously he shouldnt able to just up and decide this any given day. But if a woman can decide to carry/not carry a child, a man should have a comparable choice.

I also believe that if a man doesnt want his unborn child aborted, he should be able to stop it from happening.

Quoting Anonymous:

So you think a man should be able to Choose whether to support his born child or not?

Quoting LaughingTattoo:

Im pro-choice but yes I agree....its messed up

Lilypie Maternity tickers
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 29, 2013 at 6:25 PM
Sorry for your mom but How is that relevant to the topic?

Quoting clp0930:

My mother almost died due to choosing not to have an abortion, the baby was stillborn

1likeme
by Gold Member on Jan. 29, 2013 at 6:27 PM
1 mom liked this
I'm pro choice and I care for all four of my children. The statement is inflammatory and attention grabbing but idiotic.
ElitestJen
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 6:28 PM

Quoting Anonymous:

Ridiculous.

The man knows what can happen and still chooses to have sex.

Also, many deadbeat dads start out as dads or wanting the kids.

A woman doesn't know what can happen?

Kmary
by Silver Member on Jan. 29, 2013 at 6:31 PM

Yes, it is unfair.  But until men are able to become pregnant and carry a child, there will always be somewhat of an inequality there.  There isn't a good way to fix it.  It's just  the way nature works. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jan. 29, 2013 at 6:32 PM
The only men I consider deadbeats are the ones who wanted a baby, or claimed to want a baby and then choose to walk away.

So imo it isn't comparable :)
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 29, 2013 at 6:33 PM

Yes a man knows a woman can abort, he still took that chance. 

Quoting ElitestJen:

Quoting Anonymous:

Ridiculous.

ElitestJen
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 6:37 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting ElitestJen:

Quoting Anonymous:

Ridiculous.

Ohhhh....so he should just accept that he has fewer rights and plan accordingly. 

Right on.  I wonder how that argument would work if we applied it to another situation - say, gay marriage?   I mean, they know they can't get married (in most states) and they choose to fall in love, anyway, right?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 29, 2013 at 6:38 PM

So scary that some women are ok w/giving up rights to their body.

Cant legslly walk away?  Um there are plenty who arent suppose to be able to legally walk away but they do everyday.

Im not comfortable w/men being able to force us. 

LOL, yes it is still her body.  Did something magically happen that all of a sudden she wasn't herself, her body became someone elses?

Carrying a baby doesn't mean it isn't my body, still my body nobody elses.

Doing this would give men rights to say what the woman should & shouldn't do during pregnancy, no way.

Quoting LaughingTattoo:

He wont be legally allowed to walk away. Just like she wont be forced to be a part of the childs life after its born.

A woman isnt legally allowed to give away a baby without the fathers consent. She shouldnt be allowed to kill it either, without his consent. Shes carrying part of HIS body....its no longer just her body

Quoting Jynnifer292:

What happens if he does that and then walks away? You can't give someone else control over another person's body.

Quoting LaughingTattoo:

Yup. Obviously he shouldnt able to just up and decide this any given day. But if a woman can decide to carry/not carry a child, a man should have a comparable choice.

I also believe that if a man doesnt want his unborn child aborted, he should be able to stop it from happening.

Quoting Anonymous:

So you think a man should be able to Choose whether to support his born child or not?

Quoting LaughingTattoo:

Im pro-choice but yes I agree....its messed up

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 29, 2013 at 6:39 PM

Well when a man can carry a baby then he can have equal rights, but nature has made this issue unequal.

Again, he accepted that when he chose to sleep w/someone.

Quoting ElitestJen:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting ElitestJen:

Quoting Anonymous:

Ridiculous.

Ohhhh....so he should just accept that he has fewer rights and plan accordingly. 

Right on.  I wonder how that argument would work if we applied it to another situation - say, gay marriage?   I mean, they know they can't get married (in most states) and they choose to fall in love, anyway, right?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)