Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

How do you feel about this statement?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

Any and all opinions welcome. Please don't just say its stupid or that you agree. I'd like to know why you feel the way you do.
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 29, 2013 at 5:58 PM
Replies (31-40):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 29, 2013 at 6:40 PM

Oh as for your gay marriage issue, not the same sorry.

Quoting ElitestJen:

Quoting Anonymous:

Yes a man knows a woman can abort, he still took that chance. 

Quoting ElitestJen:

Quoting Anonymous:

Ridiculous.

The man knows what can happen and still chooses to have sex.

Also, many deadbeat dads start out as dads or wanting the kids.

A woman doesn't know what can happen?

Ohhhh....so he should just accept that he has fewer rights and plan accordingly. 

Right on.  I wonder how that argument would work if we applied it to another situation - say, gay marriage?   I mean, they know they can't get married (in most states) and they choose to fall in love, anyway, right?

lexxie28
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 6:40 PM

I am pro choice. period. So that means that a woman has the choice because it is her uterus whether or not she wants to birth a baby. and really all this pro dad shit is ridiculous....We all have to live with our mistakes. Dads too!

Quoting Anonymous:

So you think a man should be able to Choose whether to support his born child or not?

Quoting LaughingTattoo:

Im pro-choice but yes I agree....its messed up

ElitestJen
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 6:41 PM
2 moms liked this

Quoting Anonymous:

Well when a man can carry a baby then he can have equal rights, but nature has made this issue unequal.

Again, he accepted that when he chose to sleep w/someone.

No.  I'm pretty sure the law made the issue unequal.

Nature doesn't allow for elective abortions.....unless I missed something in biology/A&P.

me-n-mygirls
by Silver Member on Jan. 29, 2013 at 6:42 PM
this exactly!

Quoting LaughingTattoo:

Yup. Obviously he shouldnt able to just up and decide this any given day. But if a woman can decide to carry/not carry a child, a man should have a comparable choice.

I also believe that if a man doesnt want his unborn child aborted, he should be able to stop it from happening.

Quoting Anonymous:

So you think a man should be able to Choose whether to support his born child or not?

Quoting LaughingTattoo:

Im pro-choice but yes I agree....its messed up

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jynkx
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 6:42 PM

i agree with the statement.  it sucks that men have zero say in bringing/not bringing children into the world.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Jan. 29, 2013 at 6:42 PM

If you are referring to abortion. Is say NO completely ddifferent if you are referring to women that don't pay child support. I would say they are deadbeat moms

ElitestJen
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 6:43 PM

Quoting Anonymous:

Oh as for your gay marriage issue, not the same sorry.

Why not?  In both instances, the parties involved knew the risks and laws....and choose to engage.

I mean, if we're all about equal rights, then shouldn't we be about ALL equal rights?  Or just the ones convenient to feminists?

kiralyn
A fetus is not a kid.

A woman who abandons her kid, as in actual living child, is called a dead beat too.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
jynkx
1 mom liked this

well, the same can be said of the woman.  does she not know that sex makes babies?  im not being combative here, i just dont understand that argument.

Quoting Anonymous:

Ridiculous.

The man knows what can happen and still chooses to have sex.

Also, many deadbeat dads start out as dads or wanting the kids.

jackieb2811
by Silver Member on Jan. 29, 2013 at 6:44 PM

I agree to an extent. If the father and mother were in a relationship and the father wanted the child and then after the baby came he decided it was to much and leaves and doesn't help that is a deadbeat.

But it is not fair woman can choose to have or not have a baby but if a man doesn't want a baby he is worthless or a deadbeat. Yet he can't make her abort and he also can't make her keep it if he does want it and she doesn't.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN