Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

How do you feel about this statement?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

Any and all opinions welcome. Please don't just say its stupid or that you agree. I'd like to know why you feel the way you do.
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 29, 2013 at 5:58 PM
Replies (41-50):
faerie75
by Silver Member on Jan. 29, 2013 at 6:44 PM

stupid. apples to oranges.

Bax
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 6:45 PM

Because many statements in life just aren't gender fair.

Man stepping on anything in their way to get to the top of the corporate ladder- successful

Woman stepping on anything in their way to get to the top of the corp ladder- a bitch

Man taking his kids to daycare at 6AM- "what a great dad to help out"

Woman taking her kids to daycare at 6AM- "why even have kids?"

I could go on but you get the idea.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Jan. 29, 2013 at 6:48 PM
the woman knows what can happen and chooses to have sex too. why does a woman get to choose not to be responsible for the child she conceived with a man but he doesn't't get that same choice? if a woman has the right to choose a man should also get that right. he should be able to sign away his responsibility to the child if he chooses before the baby is born. both knew what could happen so they should both not have to deal with it then if that's how you think

Quoting Anonymous:

Ridiculous.

The man knows what can happen and still chooses to have sex.

Also, many deadbeat dads start out as dads or wanting the kids.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 29, 2013 at 6:49 PM

Please  man knows a woman can abort no matter what, he made the choice to still sleep with her knowing that if she got pregnant she can abort even if he wants it. 

Knowing this he still chose what to do w/his little swimmers.  He had his choice, now she has hers.

Quoting jynkx:

well, the same can be said of the woman.  does she not know that sex makes babies?  im not being combative here, i just dont understand that argument.

Quoting Anonymous:

Ridiculous.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Jan. 29, 2013 at 6:51 PM

Personally....I think the whole Deadbeat Dad thing needs to be thought out better....there are A LOT of men who have children...who would love to have a relationship with that child....all too often....it is the mother who is the reason why dad doesn't have a relationship with child.   I can say this without malice, because I grew up not knowing my father, and always being told....he didn't want to see me.....when he passed away....he left all of his worldly belongings to me.....it was almost 2 yrs after he passed before I went through any of it.....I found boxes full of letters and cards and gifts that he had sent to me....many of which had "addressee unknown, return to sender" wrote on them....in my mothers writing!!    I then dug deeper.....I found out he had come to CA....several times to see me....apparently mom had sent him away....I found airline tickets and stuff that indicated he would try to see me on my birthdays and major holidays.....just to be turned away.  

Personally I think woman need to pull their heads out of their butts...and realize....this man was good enough to make a baby with.....just b/c you can't stand him now....the only person who gets hurt in the end is the child.  

Anonymous
by Anonymous 8 on Jan. 29, 2013 at 6:51 PM
Actually it's only 2%. The others site financial hardships, interference with work, school, social life, or felt pressured/forced.

Quoting banana-bear:

A man knows and a woman doesn't? Bullshit. Rape, incest and safety of the mother account for less than 10% of abortions. What is the excuse for the other 90%?

Quoting Anonymous:

Ridiculous.

JavaLadybug2
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 6:52 PM

Quoting mommy_me:

Not the same.

How is it not the same..?

Rocker.Mom.07
by Silver Member on Jan. 29, 2013 at 6:52 PM

Makes sense. I woman doesn't want a baby, she can abort. Man doesn't want a baby, he should walk away. Women want to talk about not being "forced" to carry a baby and take care of it...but a man should be "forced" to take care of the child? Both know sex can = pregnancy. Both should take precautions. Both should have equal decisions at least in the Not wanting the baby, option. He should be able to walk away just like women are able to abort. Just makes sense.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 9 on Jan. 29, 2013 at 6:53 PM
1 mom liked this

I believe in equality. 

Don't want kids, don't have kids. Don't have kids, don't have sex.

That goes both ways.  

boldrumble
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 6:53 PM
I think it is a ridiculous double standard. If a man wants his child and the woman doesnt she can abort, nothing he can do. But if she wants the baby and he doesnt...then he pays for the rest of his life. there should be a time frame where a man can "abort" his responsibilities to his impending child. and that decision...much like an actual abortion, should be life long. This would ONLY be in cases where the child has not yet been born, or where the mother hid the pregnancy from the father.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)