Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

What are the duties of a SAHM?

Posted by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 7:08 PM
  • 139 Replies

I'm married with a 4 month old son. I'm a SAHM and my husband works two jobs. I hate to cook, but the house is clean and clothes are ironed. I'm exhausted from taking care of my baby once my hubby is home and my sex drive is low! He said I need to grow up and handle my responsibilities. I'm so not use to cooking my mom cooks and I will bring food home or we both eat there. My mother said he needs to have a home cooked meal everyday since I'm home. It's a lot with a baby and I'm tired. What do you SAHM do? Are you exhausted, do you cook, how often are you having sex and if so are you intimate when the baby is awake? I don't like having sex or making love if the baby is up is that wrong?

by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 7:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 29, 2013 at 7:10 PM
1 mom liked this
At 4 months I wasn't doing much of anything other than looking after the baby. Taking a shower was a big deal. 8 years later Im a super star :) It just takes time to adjust for some of us.
PitbullPrincess
by Woof on Jan. 29, 2013 at 7:10 PM

You're pretty much responsible for ...everything.  They need to cut you a break, though.  You have a newborn. That's your first priority.

StrawberryCool
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 7:12 PM
Your piority is the baby.

But it is also your piority to make sure said house is cleaned and dinner is made, regardless if you hate cooking.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 29, 2013 at 7:13 PM

i took care of the house, cooking, all errands, shopping, a toddler, and a newborn. you get used to it. set a routine. how old are you?

supastars
by Silver Member on Jan. 29, 2013 at 7:14 PM
I'm a SAHM and I hate to cook too. Fortunately, hubby doesn't care wether I cook or we get take-out, as long as there is food to eat lol. I have 4 kids and I pretty much take care of everything for our home. I also own a business and hubby would help out when I have to work. DH also helps on his days off so I can get a bit more sleep sometimes.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
PaganMomma40
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 7:14 PM
1 mom liked this

I agree... Geez babies are around the clock work....they need to give you a break!

Sassy762
by CAFE SASSY HBIC on Jan. 29, 2013 at 7:15 PM
1 mom liked this

• Get kids out of bed and ready for the day
  • Make breakfast, lunch and dinner
  • Wash, fold and put away laundry
  • Dishes
  • Dusting, vacuuming, mopping of floors, furniture, etc.
  • Organizing
  • Collecting and sending mail
  • Taking care of the dog
  • Cleaning the bathroom and bedrooms
  • Decluttering
  • Nighttime child awakenings
  • Scheduling
  • Shopping for groceries and essentials

Newmom.com12
by Member on Jan. 29, 2013 at 7:15 PM

I'm 26

Quoting Anonymous:

i took care of the house, cooking, all errands, shopping, a toddler, and a newborn. you get used to it. set a routine. how old are you?

Maries_Mom23
by Gold Member on Jan. 29, 2013 at 7:16 PM

I wasn't a SAHM until my oldest was 20 months.  However, when she turned 3, I had another baby and somehow managed to do it all.  DH works nights and sleeps all day, so, it was just me.  Granted, the house wasn't spotless, but, I got meals made and all.  You get used to your routine.  Whatever it may be.  

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 29, 2013 at 7:17 PM

oh. well being a new mom can be stressful, experiement with cooking. it can be fun.

Quoting Newmom.com12:

I'm 26

Quoting Anonymous:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)