Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Does anyone know? Bitter lipstick taste?

Posted by   + Show Post

What's in Cover Girl, Clinique, and L'Oreal Lipsticks that tastes like shit and makes my lips pucker, but is not in Revlon, Aveda and E.L.F.?

Anyone wants to research lipsticks for me and tell me?  

Sometimes when I'm alone, I like to Google myself.

If you like my style, follow my blog.  I am Random Ninja - Writer of Wrongs.
Click it.  Share it.  (Tell 'em it's just a cold sore.)

by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 7:11 PM
Replies (21-30):
stickyfingers
by Platinum Member on Jan. 29, 2013 at 7:45 PM
i dont wear lipstick so idk
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Nicoleb9
by Emerald Member on Jan. 29, 2013 at 7:45 PM
1 mom liked this
Lol. I hate the kind that flakes off and get on your teeth. Those are usually the sticky ones. Yuck.

Quoting ErikaRobin:

Quoting Nicoleb9:

I don't know exactly what it is. But it's sort of a good thing. If lipstick tastes good, I can't stop licking and have to keep reapplying it a million times.

lol!  While that's kind of true, I don't like the feeling of it on my teeth.  Not that I wear my lipstick on my teeth...cuz I almost never do.

On purpose.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ErikaRobin
by Platinum Member on Jan. 29, 2013 at 7:46 PM

I hear you.  Ick.

Quoting Nicoleb9:

Lol. I hate the kind that flakes off and get on your teeth. Those are usually the sticky ones. Yuck.

Quoting ErikaRobin:

Quoting Nicoleb9:

I don't know exactly what it is. But it's sort of a good thing. If lipstick tastes good, I can't stop licking and have to keep reapplying it a million times.

lol!  While that's kind of true, I don't like the feeling of it on my teeth.  Not that I wear my lipstick on my teeth...cuz I almost never do.

On purpose.

SWasson
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 7:52 PM

Do they have sunscreen in them?  I find that lipsticks/lipbalms with an SPF are intolerably bitter.

MomLife16
by Gold Member on Jan. 29, 2013 at 7:59 PM
1 mom liked this
Mica is usually used for the color or shimmer. Dimethicone is a silicone polymer. Cyclomethicone is a silicone based oil that stays in top of the skin. Candelilla Wax is used to keep lipstick together so it goes on smooth. Those are just some ingredients to makeup. Most places have different formulas they used to make theirs "unique" but generally it's those.

I used to work for Coastal Scents.

Quoting ErikaRobin:

Quoting MomLife16:

Mica? Dimethicone? Cyclomethicone? Candelilla Wax?

Is it one of those or all of them?  lol

I suppose I'll have to look them up and see, huh?

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
ErikaRobin
by Platinum Member on Jan. 29, 2013 at 8:01 PM

ColieO suggested deodorant...which, really, antiperspirant is the same kind of talc-y feeling taste that I'm thinking of.  I wonder which one of those is in  antiperspirant.

Quoting MomLife16:

Mica is usually used for the color or shimmer. Dimethicone is a silicone polymer. Cyclomethicone is a silicone based oil that stays in top of the skin. Candelilla Wax is used to keep lipstick together so it goes on smooth. Those are just some ingredients to makeup. Most places have different formulas they used to make theirs "unique" but generally it's those.

Quoting ErikaRobin:

Quoting MomLife16:

MomLife16
by Gold Member on Jan. 29, 2013 at 8:39 PM
Maybe dimethicone then. Castor oil is in antiperspirant and lipstick too.

Quoting ErikaRobin:

ColieO suggested deodorant...which, really, antiperspirant is the same kind of talc-y feeling taste that I'm thinking of.  I wonder which one of those is in  antiperspirant.

Quoting MomLife16:

Quoting ErikaRobin:

Quoting MomLife16:

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Diamepphyre
by Ruby Member on Jan. 29, 2013 at 8:49 PM

No clue.  I can't stand the way lipstick feels on my lips so I never wear it.  But here's a bump for you.

ErikaRobin
by Platinum Member on Jan. 29, 2013 at 11:20 PM
1 mom liked this

Thank you!  That is a huge help.  Let's see what I can find out with this information.  :)

Quoting MomLife16:

Maybe dimethicone then. Castor oil is in antiperspirant and lipstick too.

Quoting ErikaRobin:

Quoting MomLife16:

Quoting ErikaRobin:

Quoting MomLife16:

funny_girl3
by Platinum Member on Jan. 29, 2013 at 11:28 PM

I guess I haven't noticed an off flavor, I don't wear lipstick much, usually I just wear gloss or chapstick.  Lipstick can go bad though, I don't know what's in it, but I know that it turns rancid and gets a funny taste / smell.  I read somewhere that lipstick should be thrown away after 1-2 years.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN