Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

You are not mixed!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 75 Replies
I swear if I see one more person brag about how they are mixed with this and that I'm gonna scream! If you say you are mixed with Irish,Scottish,Italian and German...you are white. Now if one of your parents was black than you are half black and half white. I'm half black and white and my mom is from England, I lived there til I was 10 but that does not make me mixed with English and Black. My nationality is American and English. My ethnicity is black and white. Get it? I saw a post earlier about people saying they were this and that and it doesn't make sense! Also if your great grandaddy was a Cherokee Indian does not make you one. Thank you
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 29, 2013 at 7:13 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 29, 2013 at 7:17 PM
Bump
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 7:20 PM

No, there are distinct countries with distinct cultures.  My heritage is scottish, english and french.  I am Canadian and proud of being a canadian with mixed heritage. 

.Milfshake.
by SoNastySoRude on Jan. 29, 2013 at 7:21 PM
why does it even matter?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
meka26
by Gold Member on Jan. 29, 2013 at 7:22 PM
8 moms liked this

Why do you care so much about what other people claim to be? Last I checked we had freedom of speech, so b/c you don't like something doesn't mean everyone else should shutup about it. I personally do not care what other people are mixed with b/c I spend my time minding my own business.

IandLoveandYou
by Penny Lane on Jan. 29, 2013 at 7:22 PM
9 moms liked this

Aw.. honey.

Just because family heritage is too complicated for you to understand, does not mean that they and their culture doesn't exist.

HousewifeNina
by Platinum Member on Jan. 29, 2013 at 7:22 PM
That was tiring.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jyofray
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 7:22 PM
1 mom liked this

I am what I am and you can't do anything about it! :sticks out tongue:

JamaitianBaby
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 7:23 PM

My boyfriend is mixed... JAMAICAN AND IRISH...(black white) IM MIXED (haitian American)

Sassy762
by CAFE SASSY HBIC on Jan. 29, 2013 at 7:23 PM
2 moms liked this

Not true

From around 1900 all Cherokee were listed on the Dawes rolls. That roll tells how much Cherokee blood a person had at that time. However (and this is important) if your grandmother also had Creek, Chickasaw, or some other tribal blood, she would have had to make a decision as to which tribe to choose to be listed under. So if she had three grandparents who were full blood Cherokee and one that was full blood Creek, she would only be listed as 3/4 on that Dawes roll even though she was full blood Indian. That would have affected all her descendants, even you. For this reason the Cherokee Nation does not use blood quantum to determine whether you can become a tribal member. They only go by the Dawes roll. If your grandmother is listed on that roll, you may be able to enroll in the Cherokee Nation. You will receive a white card that is a Degree of Indian Blood card that tells how much Indian you supposedly are. This comes from the Bureau of Indian Affairs. It is what provides for you to be able to go into any Indian health clinic or hospital and get services. But because of what I described above, the amount of blood it shows may be incorrect. That doesn't matter. 

Quoting Anonymous:

I swear if I see one more person brag about how they are mixed with this and that I'm gonna scream! If you say you are mixed with Irish,Scottish,Italian and German...you are white. Now if one of your parents was black than you are half black and half white. I'm half black and white and my mom is from England, I lived there til I was 10 but that does not make me mixed with English and Black. My nationality is American and English. My ethnicity is black and white. Get it? I saw a post earlier about people saying they were this and that and it doesn't make sense! Also if your great grandaddy was a Cherokee Indian does not make you one. Thank you

MythrylHavoc
by Bronze Member on Jan. 29, 2013 at 7:23 PM
4 moms liked this

I'm damn proud of my diverse European heritage thank you.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)