Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I guess we'll see if the s*** hits the fan!

Last August some of Dan's friends threw a benefit for the kids after he passed away. A woman who none of us knew (but who I'm pretty sure is the one he dated briefly when we split up for a few months in 06) was in charge of the money. We didn't really know any of the people very well who threw the benefit so we didnt really question anything, we were told not to worry about any of it and all we had to do was show up, have some drinks and I had to play a set. After the benefit the woman took me out drinking and she was really nice and I thought we'd end up friends, we even hung out a few times after it. I didn't want to be rude asking about the money from it (we didn't really need it but they said it was for the boys school supplies). I finally got fed up and asked her about it point blank in October because people who'd donated were asking about it. I got no reply.
Tonight Dan's mom and I were talking about it when she came over so we decided it's time to just call the girl out on it. This is what I posted on Facebook and I'm just sitting here waiting for the shit to hit the fan.

"Daniel _______'s mom was here and she's really upset that the kids never got money from Dan's benefit ( Tori _______ was in charge of it). It's not about the money, it's the fact that people donated thinking it was going to the boys and it deters people from helping others in the future. I just hate seeing her upset about this stuff when she already has enough on her plate :("
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 7:36 PM
Replies (131-140):
Ms.D-_-
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 12:06 AM
Id cut a bitch -_-
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
vwd_johnson
by Ruby Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 12:10 AM
Yeah I'm sure she bought her new iphone with the money! Wow!!! Sleezy.
WesAndNicksMom
by Platinum Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 12:13 AM
That's been pointed out by a bunch of people. How did I miss that? Lol

Quoting vwd_johnson:

Yeah I'm sure she bought her new iphone with the money! Wow!!! Sleezy.
nathansmommy331
by Silver Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 4:56 AM
Bump
iamcafemom83
by Ruby Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 5:04 AM
That is so shady.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 30, 2013 at 6:52 AM
How do you steal from a grieving family? I bet she thinks she got the last laugh with her sleazy no good trifling ass! I would tell everyone involved exactly who to ask about the money! I would make sure everyone know what a lowly thief she was, and I would take her to court! How much did she steal anyways?
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 30, 2013 at 7:01 AM
If she stole it she needs to have charges pressed against her. If you dont get a response I say that you need to go ti the cops and file a report and they will go from there. Stealing is wrong but stealing from a charity or benefit is just disgusting
southern.momof2
by Pirate on Jan. 30, 2013 at 7:04 AM
She replied!
dlnimo
by Gold Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 7:06 AM
Wow, could she be anymore disgusting? I hope Karma bites her in the ass. So sorry you have to deal with people like that!
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 30, 2013 at 7:08 AM
1 mom liked this
If you dont file charges she will think she got away with it and will do it to someone else. Sometimes the best thing is for them to get caught and suffer the consequences. I would have a hard time knowing i could have stopped it and did nothing and she went and did it to someone else. Also anyone who donated to charity could go to cops and file a report and if you dont go first they could say you knew what was going on and it could cause issues for you.

Quoting WesAndNicksMom:

His mom comes over every day to give my boyfriend his injections so I'll talk to her about it tomorrow. I doubt she'll want to do anything about it and I'm not going to do it if she's against it. She's probably the person I look up to the most and I would never do anything purposely that she wouldn't approve of.

Quoting MyraEllen:

Holy crap!

A mom here where I live got in some serious legal trouble last year for telling people her daughter had cancer to milk donations. Some folks who believed her set up a charity golf tournament. I do hope you consider speaking to the police about this chick.

Quoting WesAndNicksMom:

Omg!!! One of my old friends (since we were 14) just posted that the same girl broke into her house and stole from her 10 years ago!!!! That's crazy!!!!!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)