Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I guess we'll see if the s*** hits the fan!

Last August some of Dan's friends threw a benefit for the kids after he passed away. A woman who none of us knew (but who I'm pretty sure is the one he dated briefly when we split up for a few months in 06) was in charge of the money. We didn't really know any of the people very well who threw the benefit so we didnt really question anything, we were told not to worry about any of it and all we had to do was show up, have some drinks and I had to play a set. After the benefit the woman took me out drinking and she was really nice and I thought we'd end up friends, we even hung out a few times after it. I didn't want to be rude asking about the money from it (we didn't really need it but they said it was for the boys school supplies). I finally got fed up and asked her about it point blank in October because people who'd donated were asking about it. I got no reply.
Tonight Dan's mom and I were talking about it when she came over so we decided it's time to just call the girl out on it. This is what I posted on Facebook and I'm just sitting here waiting for the shit to hit the fan.

"Daniel _______'s mom was here and she's really upset that the kids never got money from Dan's benefit ( Tori _______ was in charge of it). It's not about the money, it's the fact that people donated thinking it was going to the boys and it deters people from helping others in the future. I just hate seeing her upset about this stuff when she already has enough on her plate :("
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 7:36 PM
Replies (141-150):
MunchiesMom324
by Gold Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 7:09 AM

That's low...

Beenhereforever
by Gold Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 7:09 AM
Oh damn.
momof2little1s
by Silver Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 7:12 AM
Wow! Did she reply!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 30, 2013 at 7:16 AM
Any reply yet?
AllieReed
by Gold Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 7:25 AM
1 mom liked this

That's terrible. You should press charges against her because that's fraud. Please update when you can.

WesAndNicksMom
by Platinum Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 7:26 AM
She replied and sent me a private message. She's trying to say she put the money in an account and posted it right after the benefit but she didn't know how to get ahold of me and that she hasn't had Internet and she moved away. She said she'll be in town next week and she'll give it to me then. She's trying to act like its my fault for using Facebook to get ahold of her even though she's trying to say that's the only way she can get ahold of me...
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 30, 2013 at 7:35 AM

You put that as your status? Seems pretty imature to me....At any rate, I would have started calling around to PROFESSIONALS to find out what could be done about it. You should have covered your ass from the beginning. Were you married to him? Was there documentation that the boys would receive the money? Why were people you didn't know organizing this? Seems fishy to me....Last year, I organized a benefit for my mom and siblings because we very suddenly lost my stepfather. I organized it in 2 weeks, made $3000 and brought it ALL to my mom the next day. You should have been elbow deep in the running since it was going to YOUR boys....

Diamondblue1
by Silver Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 7:40 AM
Wow that's crazy i wonder what her response will be if she gets funky with you then you'll know what excactly happened:(
LoveMyLos
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 7:43 AM
1 mom liked this

bahaha! what a twat. call the police and make a report. shes not going to give you a damn thing. 

ya'll deserve that money, whoever is goes to, and she stole it. id have her arrested. 

Quoting WesAndNicksMom:

She replied and sent me a private message. She's trying to say she put the money in an account and posted it right after the benefit but she didn't know how to get ahold of me and that she hasn't had Internet and she moved away. She said she'll be in town next week and she'll give it to me then. She's trying to act like its my fault for using Facebook to get ahold of her even though she's trying to say that's the only way she can get ahold of me...

WesAndNicksMom
by Platinum Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 7:44 AM
She's saying it's just sitting in an account waiting for someone to pick it up but her private message says she'll be in town and will give it to me next week. My boyfriends a banker and he said there's no bank that just let's someone walk in and withdraw from an account they didn't set up themselves.

Quoting Diamondblue1:

Wow that's crazy i wonder what her response will be if she gets funky with you then you'll know what excactly happened:(
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)