Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I guess we'll see if the s*** hits the fan!

Last August some of Dan's friends threw a benefit for the kids after he passed away. A woman who none of us knew (but who I'm pretty sure is the one he dated briefly when we split up for a few months in 06) was in charge of the money. We didn't really know any of the people very well who threw the benefit so we didnt really question anything, we were told not to worry about any of it and all we had to do was show up, have some drinks and I had to play a set. After the benefit the woman took me out drinking and she was really nice and I thought we'd end up friends, we even hung out a few times after it. I didn't want to be rude asking about the money from it (we didn't really need it but they said it was for the boys school supplies). I finally got fed up and asked her about it point blank in October because people who'd donated were asking about it. I got no reply.
Tonight Dan's mom and I were talking about it when she came over so we decided it's time to just call the girl out on it. This is what I posted on Facebook and I'm just sitting here waiting for the shit to hit the fan.

"Daniel _______'s mom was here and she's really upset that the kids never got money from Dan's benefit ( Tori _______ was in charge of it). It's not about the money, it's the fact that people donated thinking it was going to the boys and it deters people from helping others in the future. I just hate seeing her upset about this stuff when she already has enough on her plate :("
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 7:36 PM
Replies (161-165):
mom2ljh
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 8:30 PM
Interesting way to go about it.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 13, 2013 at 1:48 AM

So what happened?

jkleinman
by Ruby Member on Mar. 13, 2013 at 1:53 AM
This

Quoting Anonymous:

So what happened?

nathansmommy331
by Silver Member on Mar. 13, 2013 at 3:11 AM
Update??
WesAndNicksMom
by Platinum Member on Mar. 13, 2013 at 9:10 PM
I ran into her at Walmart (of all places lol) and she gave me $150. She said she'd be back in town March 1st but I haven't heard from her. A friend sent me a text saying she saw her at a grocery store but I got no reply when I told her I heard she was in town.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)