Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How would you handle your kid if he assaulted someone?

Posted by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 7:44 PM
  • 73 Replies

I wrote in another post how this 16 year old boy assaulted my 17 year old son and broke his tooth. Now he is going around school calling my son a pussy for not defending himself. If I as a parent had a meeting with you and the school, and you were told your son did this, how would you react? Would you offer to pay for the tooth? How would you punish this kid?

by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 7:44 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 29, 2013 at 7:46 PM
I am not sure because my kids wouldn't do that, but I have always felt if I involved the school it would make it worse for my kid (very sad, but true).
RedSoxWife
by Bronze Member on Jan. 29, 2013 at 7:49 PM
3 moms liked this
My SON would be offering up profuse apologies and offering to pay for the tooth, whether it be from his job, if he didn't have one physical labor(mowing your yard, shoveling snow, whatever) until YOU deemed the tooth paid off.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mrs.Torres2566
by Mrs.T on Jan. 29, 2013 at 7:49 PM

Neither would mine, because I taught them better. But someone's kid did and I want answers, and justice!

Quoting Anonymous:

I am not sure because my kids wouldn't do that, but I have always felt if I involved the school it would make it worse for my kid (very sad, but true).

Mrs.Torres2566
by Mrs.T on Jan. 29, 2013 at 7:50 PM

The dental work estimate is $750.  But this was an over-the-phone estimate. The dentist hasn't seen the tooth yet. It might be more.

Quoting RedSoxWife:

My SON would be offering up profuse apologies and offering to pay for the tooth, whether it be from his job, if he didn't have one physical labor(mowing your yard, shoveling snow, whatever) until YOU deemed the tooth paid off.

sandra_t00
by ChaChi on Jan. 29, 2013 at 7:50 PM
3 moms liked this
Slap the shit out of my kid thinking that it was cool to bully someone he hit. Pay for the tooth and make his ass pay it off in chores. Maybe pawn his valuable items
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Buggy979
by Platinum Member on Jan. 29, 2013 at 7:51 PM
1 mom liked this
I would want proof the your sin didn't start the fight.. did your son start verbally, was there threats of kicking my sons ass.. I would want this before I would so anything
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lucky2Beeme
by Ruby Member on Jan. 29, 2013 at 7:51 PM
1 mom liked this

Yes I would pay for the dental bills. My kids life as he knew it would be over. He would be on house arrest other than to work. He would be busting his ass to pay of the debt. He would also apologize to your son and both of his parents. I am so sorry this happened to your son. I hope the boys parents are smart enough to step up and make him.

redhead-bedhead
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 7:53 PM
3 moms liked this
I would beat him with my chancla and he would be paying for the tooth.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 29, 2013 at 7:57 PM

IMO it's a tooth for crying out loud. You all are THAT shallow about a broken tooth? The bullying is a different story and the assault itself would have been handled. Let me guess, you plan on having that family pay for that tooth? smh. ridiculous

Mrs.Torres2566
by Mrs.T on Jan. 29, 2013 at 7:57 PM
2 moms liked this

UGH! Their son had been bullying my younger son because he is gay. My older son, the one assaulted told him that if he never wanted to speak to him again because he didn't like the way he was treating his brother. The boy walked up to my son who was waiting for the bus with 3 other boys. He tried to start up a conversation with my son, who ignored him. The boy got angry and backhanded my son in the mouth, his watch hit my son in the tooth and broke it. It was in NO WAY my son's fault. This boy is a complete douchebag. And yes I already have proof. The 3 boys made signed statements of what happened and so did the bus monitor who saw the whole thing. AND regardless if my son had said anything, there is NO reason to put your hands on my child, at all. If the parents talk to me this way at the meeting, I will get up walk out and call my lawyer. Then I will sue the shit out of them for the cost of the tooth and emotional damages.

Quoting Buggy979:

I would want proof the your sin didn't start the fight.. did your son start verbally, was there threats of kicking my sons ass.. I would want this before I would so anything

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured