Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Freaking the f**k out

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 35 Replies
1.yes I know what I did will cost but I had too

So I was out of work from november til january 21st due to a temp layoff.during november I would work 3 days and be off 2,took a hard hit on my paycheck.so I couldn't pay Decembers rent because of that.

Due to being a single parent I had to choke it up and do a hardship withdrawal from my 401k,my DD gotta have a place to live.

I started back working on the 21st and get paid this friday but my landlords want money tomorrow.my 401k company has my eviction date yet they sent the check through regular mail.

Tomorrow is the 30th and still no check.regular mail takes 7-14 days,great.

Im stressing out.
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 29, 2013 at 7:50 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Litlmama87
by Platinum Member on Jan. 29, 2013 at 7:53 PM
2 moms liked this
Can they fax proof that the check is in the mail to your landlord?

Check is in the mail...lol so cliche'.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
D.O.E.
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 7:53 PM

its WINTER. they cant just throw you out on the street, and the eviction process takes time if you choose to APPEAL it.  

will it be enough to bring the rent up to date?

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 29, 2013 at 7:55 PM
All they could tell me was it was mailed on friday.nothing else they can do

Quoting Litlmama87:

Can they fax proof that the check is in the mail to your landlord?

Check is in the mail...lol so cliche'.

kate80
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 7:56 PM
Do you have a lease? If so, read it. Most have specifics on eviction for non payment. They can't just boot you. 2 months rent may be grounds but they still have to give you notice and time to move.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 29, 2013 at 7:56 PM
My 401k company is paying my rent in full but my landlords don't care.it was 64 degrees today and from what im told if they don't have my money by tomorrow they will be filing a 48 hour notice

Quoting D.O.E.:

its WINTER. they cant just throw you out on the street, and the eviction process takes time if you choose to APPEAL it.  

will it be enough to bring the rent up to date?

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 29, 2013 at 7:58 PM
I hope it gets there tomorrow. You should cash out the full thing before the government takes it like they have in Spain and Ireland. Pray!
dkrmlr
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 7:58 PM

Either way, they have to give you like 30days to move. Atleast that's what it is here.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 29, 2013 at 7:58 PM
They served me with a 14 day notice,my landlord says be happy it wasn't a 10 day notice.then she can file a 48 hour notice due to non payment of rent.

Quoting kate80:

Do you have a lease? If so, read it. Most have specifics on eviction for non payment. They can't just boot you. 2 months rent may be grounds but they still have to give you notice and time to move.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 29, 2013 at 7:59 PM
Not here they don't.I went to my shabby courthouse and they can only give me 14 days.I thought it was 30 too.

Quoting dkrmlr:

Either way, they have to give you like 30days to move. Atleast that's what it is here.

kate80
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 8:01 PM
So if you are caught up you wouldn't get evicted? Or the notice ends tomorrow and you have to leave? Or 14 days from tomorrow?
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)