Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

How cruel were the guys in your high school?

Posted by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 7:52 PM
  • 79 Replies

The guys in my high school were just awful. They would say the most horrible things about every girl they slept with. Girls had nicknames, 'canyon cunt', 'stinky', 'rottencrotch', "that girl is a horrible fuck", "that girl was a dead lay". It was terrible. I got called "S.P." (stinky pussy) for my entire junior year. Funny how this one guy called me that but no one else ever said I smelled bad. Maybe it had somethin to do with the fact that I started dating his best friend after we broke up. I dunno. The reason I ask is because being called that has affected me for years. I was convinced that I was gross. I thought my vagina was the plague. I mean I would walk down the hall and his friends would yell out "hey SP!!". I guess it would be the equivalent of a guy being called "little dick man" in front of everyone. I've always wondered if all teenage guys are so cruel. I know it shouldn't matter all these years later. But it really affected how I have felt about myself sexually for many years. It really hurt my ability to see myself as a sexual being. For years I saw myself as something disgusting. Sometimes I still do. My dh loves my body (he's kinda obsessed with it!). I have a good man. I'm lucky. Were any of you deeply affected by how you were treated years ago by a man? (or in my case, a teenage boy).

And the most annoying part is that those guys acted like they were some kind of Casanova.....when they could last all of 30 seconds.

by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 7:52 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jan. 29, 2013 at 8:03 PM
2 moms liked this
This is why it is so sad that we all as Americans keep getting meaner and meaner to one another. There is no respect. No understanding that other people have feelings and emotions just like them. Forget getting rid of guns. The problem in America isn't guns. It is that we have no respect for our fellow human beings. People are modeling and allowing this kind of shifty behavior in their children and civility is going to hell in a hand basket.
OP, I'm sorry you went through that. I remember some guys and girls being pretty mean when I was in school and it did have a huge effect in me at that time. It's such a formative time in a persons life and yet it can be the harshest time in ones life as well.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 29, 2013 at 8:06 PM
My high school wasnt like that at all. We had our little clicks like every other school but as far as teasing and bullying it rarely happened.
bugsmama149
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 8:08 PM

You're absolutely right. And from what I've seen, the cruelty amongst kids is getting worse and the age groups much younger. Thank you for not telling me to "just get over it". It was hard have my most private body part attacked publicly every day for an entire school year. Take care.

Quoting Anonymous:

This is why it is so sad that we all as Americans keep getting meaner and meaner to one another. There is no respect. No understanding that other people have feelings and emotions just like them. Forget getting rid of guns. The problem in America isn't guns. It is that we have no respect for our fellow human beings. People are modeling and allowing this kind of shifty behavior in their children and civility is going to hell in a hand basket.
OP, I'm sorry you went through that. I remember some guys and girls being pretty mean when I was in school and it did have a huge effect in me at that time. It's such a formative time in a persons life and yet it can be the harshest time in ones life as well.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 29, 2013 at 8:09 PM
they were mean to some girls, which i always thought was terrible. however i was very selective of who i slept with. they knew the rules and if they broke them, there would be hell to pay. i wasnt "popular" but i knew everyone and was friends with everyone. i had a select few that were my "clients" so to speak, i did not get paid, just to be clear, but we did have "arrangements". i was never spoken ill of, if they were asked if they slept with me, they would politely deny anything and threaten anyone to talk about me in any negative way. they knew the rules and if they wanted to stay in my good graces they followed them.
GwenGray
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 8:15 PM

In elimentry I got beat up for being white. In high school I got called a liar once my mom died. I was told that I lied about her death and that I was just embarassed because she "is a fath lazy whore" and that I'm only going to be the same thing. I was also picked on because I was a virgin but instead of being teased like you would think.. I was called a whore and a slut. I had dog food thrown at me and nickles and was told I was not worth a dime and a called a bitch. The kid who said that stuff about my mom... I kicked his ass, he was in the hospital for 6 months in recovory, and had to keep going back after that for almost another six months. After that, no one mentioned my mother. 

(edit) part of the reason I was called a whore was because I told someone (who was my best friend at the time) about what my brother did to me, and when we stopped being friends she told several people. (even though I still called my self a virgin, in my eyes I was)

I'm a belly dancing and sword fighting mama of 2. I'm married to my high school sweet heart. I plan on enlisting to the army very soon, and having more kids :)

quickbooksworm
by Ruby Member on Jan. 29, 2013 at 8:16 PM
I'm sorry that happened to you :(

The guys at my school were decent. It was the girls that were awful. Although, there was this one guy... we dated for 2 years and he dumped me for my best friend (not a friend after that and they're married now). Then he told a bunch of guys that I was a freak in bed. It backfired and I got asked out by a ton of guys. I didn't know about the rumor until later though when my best guy friend told me. By that time I had a new boyfriend (who was way cuter than the asshole) and he was a transfer student who had no knowledge of the rumor.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
knkd
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 8:19 PM

ummmm i guess my question is... how many guys you sleep with in high school?

s.osborne
by Gold Member on Jan. 29, 2013 at 8:19 PM
Yes, about my weight:( they would call me a corvette and say "hey don't worry, wider is better"
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
bugsmama149
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 8:20 PM

Having that happen to me changed my behavior completely. I actually slept with a few guys just so they would see that I wasn't gross. I wanted the teasing to stop. In my 16 yr old mind I thought if I could "prove" I wasn't icky, then it would all stop. But it didn't. They just got what they wanted and continued right on with treating me horribly. Oh, if I knew then what I know now. I had only had sex 1 time before that guy who started calling me that. It's like sexually, I never had a chance. I wish I could've gotten to develop normally and appreciate my sexual self. But I never did. To me, I was just dirty and gross.

Quoting Anonymous:

they were mean to some girls, which i always thought was terrible. however i was very selective of who i slept with. they knew the rules and if they broke them, there would be hell to pay. i wasnt "popular" but i knew everyone and was friends with everyone. i had a select few that were my "clients" so to speak, i did not get paid, just to be clear, but we did have "arrangements". i was never spoken ill of, if they were asked if they slept with me, they would politely deny anything and threaten anyone to talk about me in any negative way. they knew the rules and if they wanted to stay in my good graces they followed them.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jan. 29, 2013 at 8:22 PM
They were not bad at my school. There was a few assholes, date rapists, etc, but they were definitely not the majority.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)