Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

2 kids and i want another?

Posted by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 7:58 PM
  • 25 Replies

my 1st child will be 3 in aug and my 2nd just turned a year this month and ive been thinking about having another baby. is that bad? i only want one more ive always wanted 3children and my husband is talking about it too. but im not sure how long to wait or if its the smartest idea right now. eventhough by the time it would be born my children will be 2 and almost 4. i just want them to be close in age and not be spread far apart. we have the finances sort of and we have a big enough house but im just wondering if its too soon or if we should just have the next and be done forever? i can definatly handle another baby im just not sure how my children will react to having another bro/sis. will they be ok with it or will they not want anything to do with it bc they have each other?

by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 7:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
.PilesOfLaundry
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 8:00 PM
1 mom liked this

no it's not bad but id wait a while just to give the others a lil time to grow up more and more time for you to spend with them

SRUsarahSC
by Platinum Member on Jan. 29, 2013 at 8:01 PM

my brothers are 21 months apart and I followed the second brother after 29 months. My oldest brother doesn't remember what it's like NOT to have siblings.  They were thrilled with me since I was girl and they were both boys, or at least as thrilled as kids that age can be.  Since we are close in age, we all grew up together and get along well. My DH and his sibling are seven years apart, and while they try, they have a hard time relating due to the age difference.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 29, 2013 at 8:05 PM
1 mom liked this
I have 3 they are 4,2, and 5 months. It is so hard some days I just don't feel like there's enough of me to go around. If I could do it over we would have waited 2-3 more years. 3 under 5 is a lot of work I rarely sleep. One is always up, or sick, or refusing bed time. My husband helps when he can but works a lot. I wish I had let my other two get a little older. I love my babies don't get me wrong but its hard I won't lie.
ilahall
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 8:06 PM

thats great! we have 2girls and they are 16months apart and they love each other and get along as well as they can at 1yr and 2.5yrs old. LOL. but i think a little boy would be great but we would be happy with another little girl.  

Quoting SRUsarahSC:

my brothers are 21 months apart and I followed the second brother after 29 months. My oldest brother doesn't remember what it's like NOT to have siblings.  They were thrilled with me since I was girl and they were both boys, or at least as thrilled as kids that age can be.  Since we are close in age, we all grew up together and get along well. My DH and his sibling are seven years apart, and while they try, they have a hard time relating due to the age difference.

cfreed3
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 8:06 PM

No it's not bad; I have triplet 2 and a half year old girls!!

Just maybe wait until they are a little older though...since you have the choice - we didn't, they all came at once!! But no regrets :)

Jaxsonsmama2009
by Gold Member on Jan. 29, 2013 at 8:07 PM
You sound like me. I still don't have an answer. Let me know when you figure it out!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Kim042269
by Member on Jan. 29, 2013 at 8:08 PM

Very personal decision, but why would it be bad? A child is a blessing! If the circumstances are right for you and your family, go for it!

Shiggles
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 8:10 PM

It's not bad to want to add to your family. If you have the finances and emotional ability to have another, do it. I have 3 kids. My first 2 are exactly 24 months apart. My second and 3rd are 14 months apart. My youngest just turned 2 this month. They get along great and the older two were excited about adding another.  They've been begging me to have another for the past 6 months now.

SRUsarahSC
by Platinum Member on Jan. 29, 2013 at 8:10 PM

mine is 15 mos. and we are contemplating working on #2 around July. I just don't want to be in my third trimester in the dead of summer again, so trying to time this one a little better. After two I think I'll be done though, first one did so much damage I will be high risk and have to schedule a c-section...being high risk means more DR appts which is annoying and c-sections scare the crap out of me. I have a girl and I want another girl!

Quoting ilahall:

thats great! we have 2girls and they are 16months apart and they love each other and get along as well as they can at 1yr and 2.5yrs old. LOL. but i think a little boy would be great but we would be happy with another little girl.  

Quoting SRUsarahSC:

ilahall
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 8:16 PM

girls are amazing and i hope when you decided to have another that everything goes perfect and that you and the baby are healthy during and after :)

Quoting SRUsarahSC:

mine is 15 mos. and we are contemplating working on #2 around July. I just don't want to be in my third trimester in the dead of summer again, so trying to time this one a little better. After two I think I'll be done though, first one did so much damage I will be high risk and have to schedule a c-section...being high risk means more DR appts which is annoying and c-sections scare the crap out of me. I have a girl and I want another girl!

Quoting ilahall:

Quoting SRUsarahSC:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)