Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Women who say God open and close the womb...

Posted by   + Show Post
Just curious about it. I am religious but I take birth control.
To those who live by that, how many kids do you have? And how long have you been married?
I'm not trying to sound doubtful, I'm just curious about it.

If you're not religious and have nothing nice to say, please don't waste your time here.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 8:04 PM
Replies (11-15):
mcclainprincess
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 9:15 PM

I just don't understand how this works.. I was pretty sure biology comes into play, not god.  But, oh well - to each their own.. Here's a bump for ya!!

Queen_Bree
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 9:15 PM
1 mom liked this

I believe everything happens by the will of God so in essence YES. If you take birth control pills and you dont get pregnant I believe that is the will of God. I got pregnant while on the pill FAITHFULLY and I believe that was the will of God. EVRYTHING happens by the will of God. Thats my belief

kspear0120
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 9:16 PM

as someone else mentioned.. i might want to feel different if I was having struggles with fertility but it is definitley Biblical for the womb to be open and closed. I have friends personally who were told they could nto have children and yet years later they did leaving the doctors baffled. I have other friends who never had children but God gave them peace later and they either adopted or God put them in ministries where they had "adopted" children. I just think whatever the circumstance, if we trust God, then He will give us the peace we need to be content with what He gives us.. though that is not as easy as it sounds..

iwilliams76
by Irene on Jan. 29, 2013 at 9:16 PM

BUMP!

isellglasses
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 9:16 PM
1 mom liked this
I feel that way too, which is why I really believe now is not a good time for me :)

Quoting Nunyabusiness:

I'm religious and we use born control. We actually had been praying about having more than two, we weren't sure if we would feel fulfilled. Well, due to a human error (mine lol) our questions were answered and I had our third baby in September. I think it's up to the family what they do. I believe if God wants you to have another child you will regardless of birth control. :)

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN