Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I am not one to call cps at a drop of a hat*****updates*****

Posted by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 8:16 PM
  • 196 Replies
5 moms liked this
But seriously wtf!?! My 5 year old son's friend just came over to play without any shoes on, a little tshirt and cargo shorts. No biggie I know. But it's 49ºf outside! I asked him where are his shoes and jacket. He said at home. So we went to his house and no one is home! I asked him if he knew his mom and dad's. umber. We called and no answer. Really? Who leaves a 5 year old home alone? I left the parents a message telling them he's staying with me 'til one of them comes to get him. I sure do hope Im doing the right thing.

Update#1

The cops are on their way. He's here with me. I gave him some warm clothes to wear and still no response from mom and dad. Im seriously freaking out. Who does this? I will update asap.

Final update..

So as the cops got here my dh got here too. But that's besides the point. Anyway, management and the cops were here. They then went into their unit to check if maybe mom and/or dad were ok. They found no one. Then their emergency contact shows up and lets us know that mom and dad have split. So she gets a hold of dad and he literally halls ass over here. He is beyond pissed and no one can get a hold of mom. A couple minutes pass and she pulls up is acting like she did nothing wrong! She said she was going to walmart and told him to stay and watch cartoons. Wtf right!?! So she finally gets that what she did was totally wrong! She starts cussing me out. And I really didn't care. So now cps is over there and from what the cops told me. If everything goes well the kids will end up with dad until the investigation is over. But because they do have prior cases of child abandonment from mom. She will not get her kids back any time soon. I feel horrible but at the same time relief.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 8:16 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mommykate4
by Gold Member on Jan. 29, 2013 at 8:17 PM
Ohhhh that's not good :(
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jan. 29, 2013 at 8:17 PM
WOW!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jan. 29, 2013 at 8:17 PM
Call the police
lucky2Beeme
by Ruby Member on Jan. 29, 2013 at 8:18 PM

hoping there was some emergency. I hate to think they leave him alone often.

Momof3smoochies
by Silver Member on Jan. 29, 2013 at 8:18 PM
I went into the managements office. Cause were a townhome complex and they are calling.

Quoting Anonymous:

Call the police
Momof3smoochies
by Silver Member on Jan. 29, 2013 at 8:20 PM
1 mom liked this
But even in an emergency would you leave your 5 year old alone?

Quoting lucky2Beeme:

hoping there was some emergency. I hate to think they leave him alone often.

moosesmom
by Ruby Member on Jan. 29, 2013 at 8:21 PM
Good because that is unacceptable! Has it ever happened before?

Quoting Momof3smoochies:

I went into the managements office. Cause were a townhome complex and they are calling.

Quoting Anonymous:

Call the police
babyboy117
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 8:21 PM
That's crazy.
Jessy613
by Diamond Member on Jan. 29, 2013 at 8:21 PM

Thats unreal!

crumpy_gat
by No. on Jan. 29, 2013 at 8:22 PM
1 mom liked this
Maybe they're out frantically searching for their child! Did he just show up without your talking to the parents? Did the kid say this happens often?
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)