Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Am I being unreasonable?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 39 Replies
I told DF I dont trust him to take our 8 month old DS to the mall playground by himself. He works full time and when he comes home he goes to the gym for 2 hours and does the same thing on his days off. As a result he is unable to soothe our DS when he gets fussy and my DF gets irritated and tends to give up. and the mall isnt just down the road, so if my son were to get really fussy, it wouldn't be a quick trip home. DF lost it and threw the diaper bag, picked it up, and threw it again and punched the couch. That behavior alone tells me I'm justified in not letting him leave, but he claims my comment made him react that way. I say nothing justifies that type of behavior, but was I wrong for telling him I don't trust him to take him? I told him it was b/c he doesn't know how to soothe him, so there isn't any confusion.
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 29, 2013 at 8:29 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Litlmama87
by Platinum Member on Jan. 29, 2013 at 8:30 PM
7 moms liked this
Well damn, wonder how much longer until the couch becomes your face.

That's alarming.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
sktrowb
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 8:31 PM
4 moms liked this
I would let him try... U may be surprised how well they work when your not there. My husband is quick to give up when I'm home but when I'm away his patients is much better b
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 29, 2013 at 8:31 PM
Thats exactly what I was thinking to myself. I refused to accept his apology and I'm not speaking to him unless it involves our DS. Idk what my next move is going to be.

Quoting Litlmama87:

Well damn, wonder how much longer until the couch becomes your face.

That's alarming.

1likeme
by Gold Member on Jan. 29, 2013 at 8:32 PM
11 moms liked this
You are both wrong. He should not be acting that way but to be honest if anyone told me that I could not take my child somewhere I would be violently angry too. He will never learn how to parent if you continue to sabatoge his role as a father.
FL2AK
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 8:32 PM
2 moms liked this
You choose him to be a father so let him be one.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 29, 2013 at 8:34 PM
This is very true. I guess I'm just very paranoid. I'm a first time mom, so I'm very protective. I never considered I could be sabotaging my DF's attempts

Quoting 1likeme:

You are both wrong. He should not be acting that way but to be honest if anyone told me that I could not take my child somewhere I would be violently angry too. He will never learn how to parent if you continue to sabatoge his role as a father.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 29, 2013 at 8:34 PM
You're right.

Quoting FL2AK:

You choose him to be a father so let him be one.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 29, 2013 at 8:34 PM
4 moms liked this

When you treat your DF like a child he will act like a child. You had no right to tell him he couldn't take the child to the playground. So what if he can't soothe the child, so then he drives home with the child crying in the back seat. Its not the end of the world. He has to learn. Give him a chance.

jessimicuh
by Gold Member on Jan. 29, 2013 at 8:35 PM
Seems like Df is being childish. but yes, is be mad too if someone told me I can't take my kid somewhere.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 29, 2013 at 8:35 PM
2 moms liked this
you told the father of your child, who you happen to be getting married to, that he couldnt go on an outing with a human being he helped to create?

And the couch is ALL he punched? Im surprised you dont have a hole or two in the wall!

how old are you?
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)