Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What was I thinking?

Posted by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 9:19 PM
  • 16 Replies
I agreed to go to a formal (gah) military award ceremony with a guy and now I'm kicking myself for it! I HATE HATE HATE dressing up! Now I realize I do not have a dress to wear to this thing! Finding one for cheap in my size, which we'll just leave as tiny, is proving difficult. Shoes I think I have covered, but then my friend is going on about doing my make up (yuck), and my hair (lord help me)! Now I'm left with "what was I thinking. I'm a tomboy, I'm not made for this". I can't back out now though.

Oy! Just needed to vent!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 9:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 29, 2013 at 9:25 PM
Dillards is having a huge sale on dresses. I was just there last week looking for dresses for my daughters. A lot of them are 65% off.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 29, 2013 at 9:27 PM

I feel your pain. Two years ago dh got a new corporate job and they have several very formal events every year. I am the same as you. Always trying to find a way out of it but never do lol I dread those damn events!!! 

jkleinman
by Ruby Member on Jan. 29, 2013 at 9:34 PM
I've never heard of Dillard's. Thanks though.

Quoting Anonymous:

Dillards is having a huge sale on dresses. I was just there last week looking for dresses for my daughters. A lot of them are 65% off.
jkleinman
by Ruby Member on Jan. 29, 2013 at 9:34 PM
Yeah. My inner tomboy is rebelling heavily, wondering why I accepted in the first place. Smh.

Quoting Anonymous:

I feel your pain. Two years ago dh got a new corporate job and they have several very formal events every year. I am the same as you. Always trying to find a way out of it but never do lol I dread those damn events!!! 

hplesha
by Gold Member on Jan. 29, 2013 at 9:35 PM
When is it? Can you order one online??
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SRUsarahSC
by Platinum Member on Jan. 29, 2013 at 9:36 PM

is it a military ball? You poor thing! I've had to go to one every damn year except when mine was deployed. I swear to God at the last one I went to people were wearing prom dresses.  Hate them!  I get it through them with some strong drinks.

NewMamaBoo
by Platinum Member on Jan. 29, 2013 at 9:40 PM

Try Charlotte Russe. Dresses are cheap and usually cute

jkleinman
by Ruby Member on Jan. 29, 2013 at 9:42 PM
It's on the 8th.

Quoting hplesha:

When is it? Can you order one online??
jkleinman
by Ruby Member on Jan. 29, 2013 at 9:43 PM
Never heard of that.

Quoting NewMamaBoo:

Try Charlotte Russe. Dresses are cheap and usually cute

jkleinman
by Ruby Member on Jan. 29, 2013 at 9:43 PM
Oh lovely. I don't drink. He said it's a military award ceremony.

Quoting SRUsarahSC:

is it a military ball? You poor thing! I've had to go to one every damn year except when mine was deployed. I swear to God at the last one I went to people were wearing prom dresses.  Hate them!  I get it through them with some strong drinks.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured