Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Confessions of a SAHM

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

I act like being a sahm is SO hard. Dh even feels bad some days when he comes home because I look "frazzled." Little does he know, I look that way because I just woke up from a nap! Yes I do the cleaning, laundry, cooking and all the other crap sahm's do, but it seriously isn't that much work. I have maybe one busy day a week and the rest I just hang out, play with ds and watch tv. This is the life!!! 

*Ds will be starting k next year...seems like a good time to start talking about having more kids again! :)

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 29, 2013 at 9:21 PM
Replies (101-110):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 30, 2013 at 12:29 AM

lol dh and i were both only children (well he has a half brother but he is 10 years younger, lives in fl and they never had a relationship) so we've always both wanted atleast two.

Quoting Anonymous:

Yes, yes this is the life!!  Only thing I don't agree with is having more kids. LOL

Anonymous
by Anonymous 17 on Jan. 30, 2013 at 12:35 AM
Wish I could say that..LOL! No naps here. I am constantly cleaning,doing laundry,mopping,cleaning bathrooms..you name it. Plus I have a child in school and a 1yr old so I am busy with helping at the school,and errands so a nap isn't even in the picture. Good for you though! Lol
godsgirl26
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 12:36 AM

I wish i knew what a nap was:)

christina259
by Bronze Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 1:38 AM

Quoting eesmommy:

I took a bath yesterday while the kids mapped.... dh said it was a great idea lol inmates make it a regular 'thing.

lol, love it. I had a similar thought one day when I realized I hadn't stepped outside all day and it was such a beautiful day.I love the outdoors and being inside too much drives me crazy. Something came up and the sun went down before I got outside. I thought to myself, jeeese, even prisoners get some out in the yard time. If I didn't make an effort, I could easily stay cooped up in the house for days or untill the food ran out and we needed groceries.

wkukid
by Ocean Wave on Jan. 30, 2013 at 1:42 AM

I'm a stay at homer and I don't get naps lol. I guess everyone's experience is different.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 18 on Jan. 30, 2013 at 1:45 AM

Shhhhh! You weren't supposed to tell people. No cookies for you at the next meeting.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 18 on Jan. 30, 2013 at 1:49 AM

Lol, I got the impression that she only has one. You have one in school and a little one at home. If op does have baby #2, she may have to kiss those naps goodbye! Especially with one in school. She better enjoy it while she can.

Quoting Anonymous:

Wish I could say that..LOL! No naps here. I am constantly cleaning,doing laundry,mopping,cleaning bathrooms..you name it. Plus I have a child in school and a 1yr old so I am busy with helping at the school,and errands so a nap isn't even in the picture. Good for you though! Lol

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 30, 2013 at 1:52 AM

op is fully aware these days are numbered...enjoying them while i can! lol 

Quoting Anonymous:

Lol, I got the impression that she only has one. You have one in school and a little one at home. If op does have baby #2, she may have to kiss those naps goodbye! Especially with one in school. She better enjoy it while she can.

Quoting Anonymous:

DevinAnnesmom
by Sarah on Jan. 30, 2013 at 1:52 AM
Ugh...I wish I had to pretend to be frazzled. I have 3 kids. My dd has ODD and SPD. She's in kindergarten and I'm the room mom for her class. My oldest is 8 and I volunteer to help out in his class a lot too. I also have a very high strung, very clingy 3yo ds that is home with me. There is no sitting down or napping with him around. I also have a cleaning schedule that I stick to daily and I run all of our errands. I make all of our meals from scratch, so that's time consuming. Not to mention, my kids don't get along....ever, so after I pick the older 2 up from school, my time is spent mediating fights. By the time my dh gets home I'm flat out exhausted.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
spicy_n_sweet
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 1:53 AM

I had it damn easy as a SAHM.  I didn't become a SAHM until my only was 16. Talk about a laid back life compared to working for 20+ years.   Now, he's gone  it's just us and it's even more laid back than ever before.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)