Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Confessions of a SAHM

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

I act like being a sahm is SO hard. Dh even feels bad some days when he comes home because I look "frazzled." Little does he know, I look that way because I just woke up from a nap! Yes I do the cleaning, laundry, cooking and all the other crap sahm's do, but it seriously isn't that much work. I have maybe one busy day a week and the rest I just hang out, play with ds and watch tv. This is the life!!! 

*Ds will be starting k next year...seems like a good time to start talking about having more kids again! :)

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 29, 2013 at 9:21 PM
Replies (111-120):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 18 on Jan. 30, 2013 at 1:57 AM

Good, lol! I just reread my reply and it sounded kind of snotty to me. It wasn't meant to :) 

Quoting Anonymous:

op is fully aware these days are numbered...enjoying them while i can! lol 

Quoting Anonymous:

Lol, I got the impression that she only has one. You have one in school and a little one at home. If op does have baby #2, she may have to kiss those naps goodbye! Especially with one in school. She better enjoy it while she can.

Quoting Anonymous:

Wish I could say that..LOL! No naps here. I am constantly cleaning,doing laundry,mopping,cleaning bathrooms..you name it. Plus I have a child in school and a 1yr old so I am busy with helping at the school,and errands so a nap isn't even in the picture. Good for you though! Lol

I_luv_my_boys3
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 1:58 AM
1 mom liked this
LOL same here!

Quoting LovelyMommy24:

LOL. My children are far harder than yours. Temper tantrums from my two year old and the whole nine yards are enough to make me look frazzled. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 30, 2013 at 1:59 AM

no worries..didn't take it that way lol 

Quoting Anonymous:

Good, lol! I just reread my reply and it sounded kind of snotty to me. It wasn't meant to :) 

Quoting Anonymous:

op is fully aware these days are numbered...enjoying them while i can! lol 

Quoting Anonymous:

Lol, I got the impression that she only has one. You have one in school and a little one at home. If op does have baby #2, she may have to kiss those naps goodbye! Especially with one in school. She better enjoy it while she can.

Quoting Anonymous:

Wish I could say that..LOL! No naps here. I am constantly cleaning,doing laundry,mopping,cleaning bathrooms..you name it. Plus I have a child in school and a 1yr old so I am busy with helping at the school,and errands so a nap isn't even in the picture. Good for you though! Lol

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 30, 2013 at 1:59 AM

this mama got blessed with one of the easiest kids ever!!

Quoting I_luv_my_boys3:

LOL same here!

Quoting LovelyMommy24:

LOL. My children are far harder than yours. Temper tantrums from my two year old and the whole nine yards are enough to make me look frazzled. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 19 on Jan. 30, 2013 at 2:00 AM

maybe you can start teaching other shams how to relax and nap. that sounds so wonderful. but as a mother of 4 childern,5 horses and 3 dogs no to mention the home schooling and cooking and cleaning im busy EVERYDAY ALL DAY my down time is we hours of the am while everyone is sleeping....

Anonymous
by Anonymous 20 on Jan. 30, 2013 at 2:02 AM

Speak for yourself. My kids are 3, 2, and 9 months old. I also make it seem harder than it is but it isn't easy.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 30, 2013 at 2:04 AM

never said it was for everyone, i am only speaking for myself. i only have one kid and he is 5 so yes, i have it easy. wasn't trying to take anything away from anyone else.

Quoting Anonymous:

Speak for yourself. My kids are 3, 2, and 9 months old. I also make it seem harder than it is but it isn't easy.

Byrd15
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 2:05 AM
Im a SAHM but I feel like working moms don't get the love and props they deserve! <3 We all work hard though, being a mom is never easy!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
KimberlyDavis7
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 2:09 AM

I wish it was that easy. . . but my children are wild.  And I have 7 of them... so I am indeed a hard working SAHM.. . . when you have mulitple children, things get a lot harder... so if you want more, then enjoy only have 1 now while you can.

Quoting Anonymous:

come on ladies, this hard working sahm is bored! Kids asleep, dh is asleep, even the damn dogs asleep!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 21 on Jan. 30, 2013 at 2:11 AM
I'm a SAHM with no kids at home. They're all in school. I'm kidfree from 8:00-3:00. I do clean, cook, do laundry & shop. My kids are old enough to clean their own bedrooms & bathrooms & do their own laundry. But there's always something to do at home. I do give myself one day a week off. Where I don't do a single thing!!! I lay around and catch up on my shows. Oh wait, I still make dinner on my day off lol.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)