Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Confessions of a SAHM

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

I act like being a sahm is SO hard. Dh even feels bad some days when he comes home because I look "frazzled." Little does he know, I look that way because I just woke up from a nap! Yes I do the cleaning, laundry, cooking and all the other crap sahm's do, but it seriously isn't that much work. I have maybe one busy day a week and the rest I just hang out, play with ds and watch tv. This is the life!!! 

*Ds will be starting k next year...seems like a good time to start talking about having more kids again! :)

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 29, 2013 at 9:21 PM
Replies (121-130):
3mommyandwifey
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 2:13 AM
Lmfao I set my alarm clock to wake up right before he gets home.....that's days I don't work...sometime house is full of kids....

Quoting Anonymous:

I act like being a sahm is SO hard. Dh even feels bad some days when he comes home because I look "frazzled." Little does he know, I look that way because I just woke up from a nap! Yes I do the cleaning, laundry, cooking and all the other crap sahm's do, but it seriously isn't that much work. I have maybe one busy day a week and the rest I just hang out, play with ds and watch tv. This is the life!!! 

*Ds will be starting k next year...seems like a good time to start talking about having more kids again! :)

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
oceanus407
by Bronze Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 2:15 AM
Wow I must be horrible at it then. I lol frazzled because I am.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 22 on Jan. 30, 2013 at 2:15 AM
I sleep a lot while I'm home with my kids and I have a ton of laundry and dishes to do. I slack big time...I have 3 kids that aren't in school yet and I have lupus and arthritis...I have a hard time even getting off the couch!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 30, 2013 at 2:15 AM

yes I must be honest

Quoting Anonymous:

we are twins!! well maybe only 4 days a week since weekends are busy doing fun stuff with dh and ds 

Quoting Anonymous:

I sit around on CM maybe 6 days a week. I don't cook, I don't clean, I really do nothing.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 30, 2013 at 6:34 AM
That's the point..enjoying the calm before the storm :)

Quoting KimberlyDavis7:

I wish it was that easy. . . but my children are wild.  And I have 7 of them... so I am indeed a hard working SAHM.. . . when you have mulitple children, things get a lot harder... so if you want more, then enjoy only have 1 now while you can.

Quoting Anonymous:

come on ladies, this hard working sahm is bored! Kids asleep, dh is asleep, even the damn dogs asleep!

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 30, 2013 at 6:35 AM
A mothers work is really never done

Quoting Anonymous:

I'm a SAHM with no kids at home. They're all in school. I'm kidfree from 8:00-3:00. I do clean, cook, do laundry & shop. My kids are old enough to clean their own bedrooms & bathrooms & do their own laundry. But there's always something to do at home. I do give myself one day a week off. Where I don't do a single thing!!! I lay around and catch up on my shows. Oh wait, I still make dinner on my day off lol.
momaof8
by Silver Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 6:39 AM

I am a  SAHM but homeschool all my kids so no tv and bon bons here. I also live in the country hang my laundry ect. I enjoy my kids but it is far from easy

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 30, 2013 at 6:43 AM
I do the same as you and really don't find it difficult..it's all easy to do. time consuming, yes. Hard, no. What's the point if being a sahm if you can't enjoy your kids.

Quoting momaof8:

I am a  SAHM but homeschool all my kids so no tv and bon bons here. I also live in the country hang my laundry ect. I enjoy my kids but it is far from easy

Anonymous
by Anonymous 23 on Jan. 30, 2013 at 6:44 AM

My 2 y.o actually makes me look frazzled lol. I am absolutely exhausted. I, however, agree with you. Women make it seem like it is incredibly difficult to be a SAHM. It is not. I spend 80% of my time sitting on my ass 15% doing mommy duties and 5% doing house work because our place isn't that big. So the argument that SAHMs have it so hard is null and void in most cases.

I guess kids can play into that to though. I only have 1. I'm not having more so being a SAHM will always be easy street for me.

iamcafemom83
by Ruby Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 6:48 AM
I love being a sahm...I have two kids. I hear some say they gt bored and I'm like how?? At least, I always have something going on. I always make time for myself, too. Nap time/quiet time, I don't do anything. Screw cleaning, etc during that time. Once the kids are up, I make them help me clean heehee.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)