Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Confessions of a SAHM

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

I act like being a sahm is SO hard. Dh even feels bad some days when he comes home because I look "frazzled." Little does he know, I look that way because I just woke up from a nap! Yes I do the cleaning, laundry, cooking and all the other crap sahm's do, but it seriously isn't that much work. I have maybe one busy day a week and the rest I just hang out, play with ds and watch tv. This is the life!!! 

*Ds will be starting k next year...seems like a good time to start talking about having more kids again! :)

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 29, 2013 at 9:21 PM
Replies (131-140):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 30, 2013 at 6:50 AM
I hear ya! My dh just switched to 1st shift, he is home by4 pm. Its nice he gets to see us more, but it also more time he has to make a mess in the house. Lol.

Quoting Anonymous:

when dh is on nights i dont do crap. I feel like hes in my way being at home.

momaof8
by Silver Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 6:51 AM
1 mom liked this

I am glad you have it easy. But it is not easy for all of us. I have eight home schooled all of them. A big old victorian in the country so alot to clean. Cooking three meals a day for ten.  We hang out three loads of laundry a day. I love my kids and my life but not easy.

Quoting Anonymous:

My 2 y.o actually makes me look frazzled lol. I am absolutely exhausted. I, however, agree with you. Women make it seem like it is incredibly difficult to be a SAHM. It is not. I spend 80% of my time sitting on my ass 15% doing mommy duties and 5% doing house work because our place isn't that big. So the argument that SAHMs have it so hard is null and void in most cases.

I guess kids can play into that to though. I only have 1. I'm not having more so being a SAHM will always be easy street for me.

Isaacsmom913
by Platinum Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 6:53 AM

I so agre!e!  My husband took Monday and Tuesday off because he has so much vacation time-hisnjust being here throws me off my routine for the whole week!  Ugh

Quoting Anonymous:

when dh is on nights i dont do crap. I feel like hes in my way being at home.

deadlights86
by Platinum Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 6:53 AM

Glad it easy for you. Try having 3 special needs kids. Not so easy then. It takes me 2 days to fully clean my house then I hurt for 2 days then I get to do it again.

lwalker270
by Ruby Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 6:56 AM

Both my kids are in school and I'm busier than ever!  It's VERY unusual for me to be home during the day.  Today, the only thing I have on the agenda is a hair appointment and deep-cleaning my house for the week, but I volunteer a lot with several different organizations, so I'm always up to something.

I couldn't stay home day after day and watch TV.  I'd lose my flipping mind.

xomrs.chase
by Ruby Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 6:57 AM
I have easy days, and I have hard days. It usually depends on ds' mood
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
ForeverInLove
by Bronze Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 7:00 AM

Well, I get lonely and bored being a SAHM, and so a good chunk of my time is on the computer talking to random adults on some mother's website. It feels like some of the only sanity I get, as I wake for kids, I sleep for kids, I make food for kids... Hell, I can't even shit or shower without a kid attemping to get in on it. 

My other solace is crafting.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 30, 2013 at 7:05 AM

Enjoy this time!  I felt the same way as you until our first started school and second came along.  I am so much busier with two kids in school (15 yo and 10 yo) than I ever was when they were they were little and at home!

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 30, 2013 at 7:10 AM
Being a stay at home mom for me isn't exactly a cake walk. I have a 7, 5 and 2 year old. Every morning is hectic getting the boys ready for school. After they leave I'm left home with my 2 year old. I spend most of the morning entertaining him, late morning to early afternoon running errands, lunch, naptime for son, chore time for me, also time I pay bills, clip coupons, manage Dh's business ect. Kids get home from school and a whole new ball game begins. There is always something to do. I don't think I could take a nap during the day, I don't sit and watch tv during the day and my son is still not old enough to fend for himself (he needs supervision or all hell will break loose).
dlnimo
by Gold Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 7:16 AM
I must be doing something wrong. I have a 4 year old DD and 16 month old twins and I don't get a free moment to myself until they go to bed at night.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)