Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Confessions of a SAHM

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

I act like being a sahm is SO hard. Dh even feels bad some days when he comes home because I look "frazzled." Little does he know, I look that way because I just woke up from a nap! Yes I do the cleaning, laundry, cooking and all the other crap sahm's do, but it seriously isn't that much work. I have maybe one busy day a week and the rest I just hang out, play with ds and watch tv. This is the life!!! 

*Ds will be starting k next year...seems like a good time to start talking about having more kids again! :)

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 29, 2013 at 9:21 PM
Replies (31-40):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 29, 2013 at 9:41 PM

I actually went back to work part time last year and i loved it. i have no problem working but while ds is still home most of the time i want to make the most of it. I know once he starts school and sports life will get a lot more hectic and busy. and the money....dh provides more than enough so i can enjoy his hard earned money! the man even gives me money to put in my own saving account so if god forbid something happens i wont be up a creek with out a paddle!

Quoting Anonymous:

FINALLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Someone has exposed the real life of a SAHM!!!! I never thought it was hard. Going back to work after 7 years???? THAT is difficult. lol!!! But, if we are being completely honest, I HATED being bored and lazy all the time. Sure, sometimes it was great, but I thrive on stress and deadlines and competition and MONEY! lol!

LiesLiesLies
by Platinum Member on Jan. 29, 2013 at 9:41 PM
I agree with you. For me it's pretty easy:) I nap/go back to bed most days until noon or so...
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
MrsRinehart2010
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 9:41 PM

not every ones life is like that I stay busy non stop , i clean every day, do laundry every day, I do my oldest preschool from home. I run all the errand which for us its alot. I dont get a break lol. Im up multiple times a night with both girls.   I make sure every thing is taken care of because my husband cant lol. Plus I will be going to work after 6 years , part time here soon plus doing all that lol. Ive never been board once in my life as a sahm lol. If im not cleaning cooking or errand or "preschool", were doing arts craft, baking trips to fun places lol

Quoting Anonymous:

FINALLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Someone has exposed the real life of a SAHM!!!! I never thought it was hard. Going back to work after 7 years???? THAT is difficult. lol!!! But, if we are being completely honest, I HATED being bored and lazy all the time. Sure, sometimes it was great, but I thrive on stress and deadlines and competition and MONEY! lol!

allsolittle
by Gold Member on Jan. 29, 2013 at 9:42 PM
Haha! My kids are 1, 4, 5 , and 7. No naps here.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 29, 2013 at 9:42 PM

I work from home too :) I love it :)

babyboy117
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 9:43 PM
I love being a sahm. I don't really start cleaning and looking busy until it's time for hubby to come home. Lol
MrsRinehart2010
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 9:44 PM

lol yeah Ill give you my girls are very high energetic(sp) , but its something you become accustome to lol. I wouldnt trade it for the world now. my girls barely ever sit downt o watch tv, if they watch tv they are usually playing or doing arts lol. They like to stay busy.

Quoting Anonymous:

i must just have a laid back kid. he likes doing fun things like that but he is totally content playing with me and doing school work at home. he goes to bed around 10 and we are up at 630..kid never has a problem going to sleep lol

Quoting MrsRinehart2010:

yeah i have a 5 year old an that shit dont fly here lol. We are always doing something lol my down time is once kids are in bed lol  If im not getting things gone , im doing arts crafts, baking,or activities with y girls lol. We stay busy so they will sleep at night lol. Granted my kids can get up at 7 an stay up til 11 or 12 an be good to go at 7 again lol (i make them go to bed at 10 though)

Quoting Anonymous:

the joys of having a 5 y/o! 

Quoting LovelyMommy24:

LOL. My children are far harder than yours. Temper tantrums from my two year old and the whole nine yards are enough to make me look frazzled. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 29, 2013 at 9:44 PM

he goes to preschool but ive already taught him everything they are learning. i really just sent him so he can learn how to behave in a classroom setting and to make friends he will be going to school with the rest of his life. lol im so lucky with this kid, i'll tell ya. he's always been super easy. i know once we have another i will get a little devil child that drives me to drink because ds was such a dream lol im enjoying my calm days while i can!

Quoting MrsRinehart2010:

lol yeah, my house doesnt stay clean that long lol. My girls are always in to something lol.. My oldest well niether of my girls will go to preschool lol. I decided that I could do thier preschool from home if that makes sense , mainly medical reasonswith my oldest .. we jsut stay busy with lol I just keep b usy lol if it isnt one thing its another lol my girls are fast paced though an like to go go go or else they get board.

Quoting Anonymous:

i'd rather relax and enjoy my kid. thats why i spend the one day busting my ass to get the hard, nitty gritty cleaning and errands done. sure we go out and do fun things here and there. he is in pre-k mon-fri 9-1130 and we do work on writing and reading but for the most part its just nice, calm mommy and ds time. i love it!

Quoting MrsRinehart2010:

nope not here ive been a sahm for 6 years an we are always busy an something today. I dont get naps, my 5 year old nor 2 year old takes naps . im always cleaning something so making sure things are spotless. Im already planning a head for my 5 year olds lunches even though she will only be in half day kindergarten next year lol. I stay super busy lol.

ecerka
by Platinum Member on Jan. 29, 2013 at 9:44 PM

This is what happens when I nod off in my house. I was sick and I thought my 2 1/2 yo was playing in her room. It got real quite and I went to see what was up!!! Lol I couldn't be mad because She's so cute:):)
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 29, 2013 at 9:47 PM

I'm the snarky gal who made the rude comment in the other post.

I'm just curious (because I'm nosey.. that's my excuse and if any of this sounds offensive it is not meant to be!) what are your plans for the future? I mean... I'm sure you're getting SS and your DH had a life insurance policy. Is that enough to live off of? Do you think you will go to work in the near future? If so, what do you want to do?

Quoting LiesLiesLies:

I agree with you. For me it's pretty easy:) I nap/go back to bed most days until noon or so...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)