Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Confessions of a SAHM

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

I act like being a sahm is SO hard. Dh even feels bad some days when he comes home because I look "frazzled." Little does he know, I look that way because I just woke up from a nap! Yes I do the cleaning, laundry, cooking and all the other crap sahm's do, but it seriously isn't that much work. I have maybe one busy day a week and the rest I just hang out, play with ds and watch tv. This is the life!!! 

*Ds will be starting k next year...seems like a good time to start talking about having more kids again! :)

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 29, 2013 at 9:21 PM
Replies (41-50):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 29, 2013 at 9:47 PM

your a strong women lol im enjoying my one for now but we are starting to talk about another one so i know my days of naps..hell sleep at all are numbered lol

Quoting allsolittle:

Haha! My kids are 1, 4, 5 , and 7. No naps here.

Nicoleb9
by Emerald Member on Jan. 29, 2013 at 9:47 PM
Is that baby powder?

Quoting ecerka:

This is what happens when I nod off in my house. I was sick and I thought my 2 1/2 yo was playing in her room. It got real quite and I went to see what was up!!! Lol I couldn't be mad because She's so cute:):)

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mommy2KandX
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 9:47 PM

I have two boys 15 months apart. oldest isnt even 2. i have 2 dogs, two cats and i cook 3 meals a day. I'm jealous of your life.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 29, 2013 at 9:49 PM

i would be too lol i have one kid, one dog and one dh that might as well be a kid. i still cook three meals a day, do laundry every day and light cleaning but your right...i do have the life :)

Quoting Mommy2KandX:

I have two boys 15 months apart. oldest isnt even 2. i have 2 dogs, two cats and i cook 3 meals a day. I'm jealous of your life.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Jan. 29, 2013 at 9:49 PM
I work in an office full time. My life is busy but if I was a SAHM, I'd be bored out of my mind!!! That in itself is stressful. Staring at the clock just waiting for nap time or for dh to come home...I couldn't do it. Give yourself more credit mama. Being a SAHM is not for everyone. :)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
MrsRinehart2010
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 9:49 PM

lol not necessarily ive got two an they are pretty much identical lol....

My oldest just recentlly started a program with ehr church my mil an sil work at and she does excellent its just like a school setting, its supposed to be an after school type thing but she gets to go because of family. She does woundeful so Im not worried about her doing well in school lol. shes always been good in settings like that though. Kids are always different when not at home though lol or atleast mine are lol

Quoting Anonymous:

he goes to preschool but ive already taught him everything they are learning. i really just sent him so he can learn how to behave in a classroom setting and to make friends he will be going to school with the rest of his life. lol im so lucky with this kid, i'll tell ya. he's always been super easy. i know once we have another i will get a little devil child that drives me to drink because ds was such a dream lol im enjoying my calm days while i can!

Quoting MrsRinehart2010:

lol yeah, my house doesnt stay clean that long lol. My girls are always in to something lol.. My oldest well niether of my girls will go to preschool lol. I decided that I could do thier preschool from home if that makes sense , mainly medical reasonswith my oldest .. we jsut stay busy with lol I just keep b usy lol if it isnt one thing its another lol my girls are fast paced though an like to go go go or else they get board.

Quoting Anonymous:

i'd rather relax and enjoy my kid. thats why i spend the one day busting my ass to get the hard, nitty gritty cleaning and errands done. sure we go out and do fun things here and there. he is in pre-k mon-fri 9-1130 and we do work on writing and reading but for the most part its just nice, calm mommy and ds time. i love it!

Quoting MrsRinehart2010:

nope not here ive been a sahm for 6 years an we are always busy an something today. I dont get naps, my 5 year old nor 2 year old takes naps . im always cleaning something so making sure things are spotless. Im already planning a head for my 5 year olds lunches even though she will only be in half day kindergarten next year lol. I stay super busy lol.

gilbertgrl627
by Gold Member on Jan. 29, 2013 at 9:50 PM

One kid, huh? A 4yr old? Yeah, being a SAHM is easy. With just one kid. Try doing it with 3 or more under the age of 5. Then come back and talk to me about how "easy" it is.

But, I kind of think you're a troll. Not that SAHMs can't have it easy, but your post reads all wrong.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 8 on Jan. 29, 2013 at 9:50 PM
I hear ya!! My life is EASY! Both kids in school all day, the house stays clean and I love naps
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 29, 2013 at 9:51 PM

it was hard for a LONG time..i worked the first year of ds's life and brought him to the office with me, now THAT was hard lol i struggled with the being home and not having a job for a few years, i hated it actually. but ive learned to embrace it and be thankful that i get so much quality time with the kid! they grow up fast ya know, life will get busier and busier as the years pass so i want to enjoy the calm before the storm while i can.

Quoting Anonymous:

I'm work in an office full time. My life is busy but if I was a SAHM, I'd be bored out of my mind!!! That in itself is stressful. Staring at the clock just waiting for nap time or for dh to come home...I couldn't do it. Give yourself more credit mama. Being a SAHM is not for everyone. :)

Anonymous
by Anonymous 9 on Jan. 29, 2013 at 9:51 PM
Lucky you!!!
I'm lucky if I get a shower or a full meal in peace, let alone a nap.
My kids are crazy toddlers. And I'd much rather be working.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)