Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I'm black, my DH is black, and our children are black

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
Yea, it sounds just as pointless and stupid when you mothers of bi-racial/multi-racial children do it.

Why the hell do parents of mixed kids feel the need to constantly display their children as if they are in possession of some rare life form? Who the hell cares that you have mixed kids?! Why must we play "guess which race my kid is" games with you?! Why must the first words that come out your mouth when someone compliments your kid be "thanks, she's mixed with..."

When someone compliments my child, I don't respond with "thanks! She's black! "

We get it, you have mixed children... No one cares.
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 29, 2013 at 9:54 PM
Replies (341-350):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 73 on Jan. 30, 2013 at 11:48 AM

Actually mixed kids are cuter.

Quoting Anonymous:

Ty. They think they are so damn special because they have mixed kids. Your kids are no cuter than my white kids or anyone elses kids so stfu.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 72 on Jan. 30, 2013 at 11:51 AM
1 mom liked this

LOL! Not they are not. Some maybe...but all? Not at all. 

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Ty. They think they are so damn special because they have mixed kids. Your kids are no cuter than my white kids or anyone elses kids so stfu.

Deshonsmommy
by Bronze Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 11:53 AM

laughingyeah you are right!

Quoting Anonymous:

LOL! Not they are not. Some maybe...but all? Not at all. 

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Ayla-bellesmom
by Gold Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 11:54 AM

I am the mother of a bi-racial child and I don't mention her ethnicity unless specifically asked, or unless it's relevant to the topic of conversation.

ShaniahsMama
by Asian persuasion on Jan. 30, 2013 at 11:55 AM
My kids are biracial. I don't go around telling people that. I'm sure folks can tell by just looking at them. Lol

I often get a double take when I go somewhere with my kids. They would look at them then do a double take at me.

It's funny.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
209mom4you
by Gold Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 11:56 AM
My dog is a German Shepard.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 74 on Jan. 30, 2013 at 12:07 PM
Ok so...you act like people don't bring up on their own other people's children may have features that could mean the child is possibly mixed. I get it all the time! and it bothers me i would rather them say my children are cute because they are and not because of the color of their skin!!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 48 on Jan. 30, 2013 at 12:08 PM
Quoting Anonymous:

You are right. mixed babies are the best because they have the best of all races bred into them. And i have seen cute white babies of course. i just don't think i have seen an ugly biracial baby. no wait... i take that back. saw an ugly one the other day.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 48 on Jan. 30, 2013 at 12:13 PM
Quoting Anonymous:

You are obviously racist. No one talks that way unless they are. This country's babies will all be mocha someday. might as well get used to it. You poor mommy of an ugly white baby. LMAO!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 75 on Jan. 30, 2013 at 12:17 PM
I'm a mutt, my husband is a mutt, and everyone in the world is a mutt.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)