Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I'm black, my DH is black, and our children are black

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
Yea, it sounds just as pointless and stupid when you mothers of bi-racial/multi-racial children do it.

Why the hell do parents of mixed kids feel the need to constantly display their children as if they are in possession of some rare life form? Who the hell cares that you have mixed kids?! Why must we play "guess which race my kid is" games with you?! Why must the first words that come out your mouth when someone compliments your kid be "thanks, she's mixed with..."

When someone compliments my child, I don't respond with "thanks! She's black! "

We get it, you have mixed children... No one cares.
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 29, 2013 at 9:54 PM
Replies (351-360):
MammaPaparazza
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 12:52 PM
Italian by injection of spicy Italian sausage lol

Quoting FooLynRoo:

both lol my paternal grandmother was italian, but all other grandparents were pure german. is it paternal or fraternal. dunno dads side.. but im more italian by injection. lol

Quoting MammaPaparazza:

I'm the whitest dago you will find lol I'm practically transparent! My family is from northern Italy near the alps, we are white white lol...

My dh tells me I'm not white either because of being Italian he picks on and so does his family, yet he's 1/4 Italian himself.

So are you a little Italian by blood or by injection?

Quoting FooLynRoo:

no italians are not white..... i tell dh that all the time!!!

lol

im glow in the dark white..i was describing my skin tone not race lol

im mostly german with a bit of italian

Quoting MammaPaparazza:

Foo... I'm Italian and I'm white lmao

So what type of white are you??? Lmao

Quoting FooLynRoo:

im white dh is italian our son is amazing

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MicheleJM
by Phoenix on Jan. 30, 2013 at 12:53 PM

Idk...I don't have that problem.  When I meet kids that are obviously mixed I don't ask and the parents don't volunteer.  I imagine people care more on CM than irl.

FooLynRoo
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 12:53 PM

It's like you hang out with my old man! lol

Quoting MammaPaparazza:

Italian by injection of spicy Italian sausage lol

Quoting FooLynRoo:

both lol my paternal grandmother was italian, but all other grandparents were pure german. is it paternal or fraternal. dunno dads side.. but im more italian by injection. lol

Quoting MammaPaparazza:

I'm the whitest dago you will find lol I'm practically transparent! My family is from northern Italy near the alps, we are white white lol...

My dh tells me I'm not white either because of being Italian he picks on and so does his family, yet he's 1/4 Italian himself.

So are you a little Italian by blood or by injection?

Quoting FooLynRoo:

no italians are not white..... i tell dh that all the time!!!

lol

im glow in the dark white..i was describing my skin tone not race lol

im mostly german with a bit of italian

Quoting MammaPaparazza:

Foo... I'm Italian and I'm white lmao

So what type of white are you??? Lmao

Quoting FooLynRoo:

im white dh is italian our son is amazing

keversole
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 12:55 PM

bahahahahaha "thanks! She's black!" cracked me up

Anonymous
by Anonymous 76 on Jan. 30, 2013 at 12:58 PM
If/when someone compliments my kids, I just say thank you. My kids are my kids, their race does not define them. It gets on my nerves when people "brag" that their kids are mixed or when women talk about trying to get pregnant with men from certain races, just to have mixed "pretty" babies.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 62 on Jan. 30, 2013 at 1:10 PM

Funny, I find that it is white people who tend to bring up the question of race and coloring.  Black people tend to know that we come in an extremely wide color range.  What you see as "striking and exotic", we see as normal.

Quoting Anonymous:

Most biracial people are more striking and exotic therefore adding to the unusual aspect. Same thing goes for black people and any other race.

I find that black people are the main ones to bring up a mixed child's coloring. At least that's been my experience with the people who ask about my daughter or my nieces.

I haven't met anyone who does as the op is complaining unless prompted.

Quoting Anonymous:

No.  Most biracial children do NOT have what you refer to as "unusual features."

My dh and I are both black.  Both of our daughters are asked often whether they have a white parent although there is nothing "unusual" about how either one of them looks.  I find it sad that the question comes up at all because I don't see why it should matter.

Quoting TeamTARDIS:

No. They have unusual features.
A child with black textured hair that is blond, darker skin and blue eyes is unexpected and not the norm. People will typically ask if they are bi racial.

Quoting Anonymous:

No they don't. They stand out because they are diff colors than their parents or siblings or you. So you stare and wonder.

Quoting TeamTARDIS:

Maybe because people wonder what nationality the kids are.

Why would that bother you so much?

Mixed children tend to have striking or unusual features.

PeaceLoveZ
by Platinum Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 1:11 PM

That doesn't make sense, how are your children black if you and your hubs are?!?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 77 on Jan. 30, 2013 at 1:55 PM
Because everyone feels the need to make their kid special in some way these days. It doesn't matter if it is a special race, skill, need, blah blah blah, they HAVE to be special.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 30 on Jan. 30, 2013 at 2:11 PM

Red hair from her Scottish roots. Awesome!  Does she look a lot like her dad?

Quoting Anonymous:

she has strawberry blonde hair, fair skin and green eyes. Lol. Yes, yes she does.

Quoting Anonymous:

I  BET SHE DOES NOT LOOK WHITE.

Quoting Anonymous:

My Japanese/portuguese/hawaiian. My husband is Scottish. Our DD is white? Lol.

Diamepphyre
by Ruby Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 2:14 PM
Thank you! I don't know why it matters in today's world anyway. It's not like it's unusual nowadays.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN