Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

2 year olds don't belong in booster!!!!!!!

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
Plain and simple 2 year olds belong in 5 point harnesses. There is no reason to have one in booster seat.
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 29, 2013 at 10:03 PM
Replies (21-30):
Ninjabubble
by Platinum Member on Jan. 29, 2013 at 10:22 PM
2 moms liked this

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Fields456
by Ruby Member on Jan. 29, 2013 at 10:23 PM
I believe it's illegal to have a 2 year old in a booster check your state laws I think most are. 4 and a certain height and weight
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 29, 2013 at 10:23 PM

I thnk it goes more by weight and height then age. Some 2 year olds are as big as the average 5 year old. This is something you have to go by size not by age. I used to stand in the front seat beside my mom as she was driving lol -----that was a VERY long time ago lol......like late 60's :)

Lunarprancer
by Betsy on Jan. 29, 2013 at 10:24 PM

How old is her daughter?  How much does she weigh?

Quoting Anonymous:

My neice puts her daughter in a backless booster with just the seatbelt...it drives me crazy, and I do not hesitate to let her know how much it bothers me...she insists she is perfectly safe.

With light and love

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 29, 2013 at 10:24 PM

How big is 53 inches?

Quoting KayelynnsMama:

Now they sell carseats that have a 70 pound/ 53 inch limit. No 2 year old is that big.

Quoting Anonymous:

Well when I was 2, you would have had a good time fitting me in a harness.

copperked
by Silver Member on Jan. 29, 2013 at 10:25 PM
1 mom liked this

In Oregon, age is also a factor because it better determines bone density (breakability) than height and weight. A child who is inches taller than peers of the same age still has the close to the same bone density and therefore is stil susceptible to the same injuries.

Quoting 428:

I had my 5 yr old in a booster.  Its not the age, its the height/weight.

Quoting MissMysteriouss:

I wouldnt put a 5 yr old in a booster let alone a 2 year old. A 2 year old should still be rear facing.

ColleenF30
by Lube Girl on Jan. 29, 2013 at 10:25 PM

I have had to fight grandparents over this issue. Sadly most cops don't know the law and don't care as long as the kid is in something. It's a PITA.

by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 10:25 PM

My son always has sat properly in the booster without all that squirming jazz.  So did my nephew from 4 yr on.  

My sister and I had our seat checks at the annual police carseat check and they said it was safe and proper.

I wouldn't have my 5+ yr old in a 5point harness. I think thats ridiculous.

Quoting MissMysteriouss:

It has nothing to do with height and weight.This is why so many kids are riding in unsafe seats.

I keep my kids in a 5pt harness until they are 7 and they are tall for their age.

If your child ever falls asleep in the car, reaches for stuff, wiggles around in their seat or turns around in their car seat. They are not safe in a booster seat. I don't know any 5 year old that sits forward and still enough to be safe in one.

Quoting 428:

I had my 5 yr old in a booster.  Its not the age, its the height/weight.

Quoting MissMysteriouss:

I wouldnt put a 5 yr old in a booster let alone a 2 year old. A 2 year old should still be rear facing.

bowribbonmama
by Ruby Member on Jan. 29, 2013 at 10:25 PM
Age has A LOT to do with it. No child is ready for a backless booster, especially when the APA says to RF until the age of 2.

Quoting Anonymous:

I thnk it goes more by weight and height then age. Some 2 year olds are as big as the average 5 year old. This is something you have to go by size not by age. I used to stand in the front seat beside my mom as she was driving lol -----that was a VERY long time ago lol......like late 60's :)

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 29, 2013 at 10:25 PM
3 moms liked this
Quoting meangreen18:

i put my DS in a front facing carseat when he was 9 months. bash me whatever. i had to he's a big kid.

Wow rebel breaking the law and putting your child's life in danger. There is no reason for this as well unless your son is like 18. More parents need to be charged with child endangerment for this stuff.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)