Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

2 year olds don't belong in booster!!!!!!!

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
Plain and simple 2 year olds belong in 5 point harnesses. There is no reason to have one in booster seat.
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 29, 2013 at 10:03 PM
Replies (41-50):
imvanilla
by Gold Member on Jan. 29, 2013 at 10:29 PM
3 moms liked this
At a store?

Quoting 428:

I wouldn't even know where to find a full car seat to fit a kid 5+ specially a big kid tbh.  I think some moms can be a little overboard with the carseats.

Quoting copperked:

In Oregon, age is also a factor because it better determines bone density (breakability) than height and weight. A child who is inches taller than peers of the same age still has the close to the same bone density and therefore is stil susceptible to the same injuries.

Quoting 428:

I had my 5 yr old in a booster.  Its not the age, its the height/weight.

Quoting MissMysteriouss:

I wouldnt put a 5 yr old in a booster let alone a 2 year old. A 2 year old should still be rear facing.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 29, 2013 at 10:29 PM
1 mom liked this
smh

Quoting meangreen18:

i put my DS in a front facing carseat when he was 9 months. bash me whatever. i had to he's a big kid.

got2monsters
by Ruby Member on Jan. 29, 2013 at 10:29 PM
agree. my four yr old is still harnessed. my two yr old will go rf again when i get my vehicle. rf doesnt fit in our only vehicle at the moment. my new cars here friday and she will be backwards again til shes bigger.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Lunarprancer
by Betsy on Jan. 29, 2013 at 10:29 PM

Oh lord woman, you are brave to say that here ;0)

Quoting Anonymous:

I thnk it goes more by weight and height then age. Some 2 year olds are as big as the average 5 year old. This is something you have to go by size not by age. I used to stand in the front seat beside my mom as she was driving lol -----that was a VERY long time ago lol......like late 60's :)

With light and love

Lunarprancer
by Betsy on Jan. 29, 2013 at 10:31 PM
1 mom liked this

Well, that is illegal here.

Quoting Anonymous:

She is 2.... Not really sure of her weight.

Quoting Lunarprancer:

How old is her daughter?  How much does she weigh?

Quoting Anonymous:

My neice puts her daughter in a backless booster with just the seatbelt...it drives me crazy, and I do not hesitate to let her know how much it bothers me...she insists she is perfectly safe.

With light and love

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 29, 2013 at 10:31 PM
1 mom liked this
How did you find Cafemom then? It's called the Internet you can actually use it to search for stuff!

Quoting 428:

I wouldn't even know where to find a full car seat to fit a kid 5+ specially a big kid tbh.  I think some moms can be a little overboard with the carseats.

Quoting copperked:

In Oregon, age is also a factor because it better determines bone density (breakability) than height and weight. A child who is inches taller than peers of the same age still has the close to the same bone density and therefore is stil susceptible to the same injuries.

Quoting 428:

I had my 5 yr old in a booster.  Its not the age, its the height/weight.

Quoting MissMysteriouss:

I wouldnt put a 5 yr old in a booster let alone a 2 year old. A 2 year old should still be rear facing.

Simple-Beauty
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 10:31 PM
2 moms liked this
My almost 7 year old is still harnessed, with no booster in her near future.

I would NEVER put my 2 year in booster. 2 year olds should still be rear facing.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 29, 2013 at 10:31 PM

LOL I know---that's why I thought I'd better go anon !  ;) 

Quoting Lunarprancer:

Oh lord woman, you are brave to say that here ;0)

Quoting Anonymous:

I thnk it goes more by weight and height then age. Some 2 year olds are as big as the average 5 year old. This is something you have to go by size not by age. I used to stand in the front seat beside my mom as she was driving lol -----that was a VERY long time ago lol......like late 60's :)

Kylie819
by Gold Member on Jan. 29, 2013 at 10:32 PM
2 moms liked this
Agreed. 2-year-olds belong rear facing.
Angelbabii407
by Bronze Member on Jan. 29, 2013 at 10:33 PM
My neighbors have their 2 year old in a booster (which is illegal in my state) and they say I'm crazy for having my 4 year old in a 5 point harness still. It drives me nuts!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)