Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

2 year olds don't belong in booster!!!!!!!

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
Plain and simple 2 year olds belong in 5 point harnesses. There is no reason to have one in booster seat.
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 29, 2013 at 10:03 PM
Replies (61-70):
tntmomof2
by Platinum Member on Jan. 29, 2013 at 10:39 PM

My sisters kids were in seatbelts at 3. I would refuse to drive with them and instead followed them in my car. My son was in a booster until the end of 5th grade. He's in 6th now and I'd still have him in one if I could get away with it. 

Lunarprancer
by Betsy on Jan. 29, 2013 at 10:39 PM

Ha ha!

Quoting Anonymous:

LOL I know---that's why I thought I'd better go anon !  ;) 

Quoting Lunarprancer:

Oh lord woman, you are brave to say that here ;0)

Quoting Anonymous:

I thnk it goes more by weight and height then age. Some 2 year olds are as big as the average 5 year old. This is something you have to go by size not by age. I used to stand in the front seat beside my mom as she was driving lol -----that was a VERY long time ago lol......like late 60's :)

With light and love

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 29, 2013 at 10:40 PM
4 moms liked this
There are no documented cases of broken legs in a rear facing crash. Broken legs is one of the most common injuries for a forward facing child

Quoting Punkslilncs:

Depending on the height and weight.. my 18 month old is too tall to be rear facing her legs get scrunched and in an accident would do more damage than good, basically her legs would snap. Infants weighing less than 20 pounds should ride in a rear facing restraint system strapping into the back seat. 

That is my state law, so you are telling me my child who is 41 inches and 39 lbs should be rear facing? In an accident that would kill her. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 29, 2013 at 10:40 PM
lmfao only if that child is severely underdeveloped. seats go by weight/ height. not age.

Quoting MissMysteriouss:

I wouldnt put a 5 yr old in a booster let alone a 2 year old. A 2 year old should still be rear facing.

TattoodMommy19
by Platinum Member on Jan. 29, 2013 at 10:40 PM
2 moms liked this
Really?!
O.o

4ft 5 inches.

Math is power!

Quoting Anonymous:

How big is 53 inches?

Quoting KayelynnsMama:

Now they sell carseats that have a 70 pound/ 53 inch limit. No 2 year old is that big.

Quoting Anonymous:

Well when I was 2, you would have had a good time fitting me in a harness.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 29, 2013 at 10:41 PM
1 mom liked this
You're an idiot.

Quoting meangreen18:

i put my DS in a front facing carseat when he was 9 months. bash me whatever. i had to he's a big kid.

SalemWitchChild
by Blessed be on Jan. 29, 2013 at 10:42 PM

Ds is almost 2 and still in his carseat. Though we don't RF after 1 yr. My kids have always been big and I don't care what the recommendation, I feel they are safer FF. I couldn't RF this seat and get it to be secure because my car is a bit older.

teal.blaze
by Silver Member on Jan. 29, 2013 at 10:42 PM

Holy crap!!! Not even a belt positioning!!! Those poor babies could be decapitated in a crash!!

Quoting Anonymous:

Really annoyed not one but 2 of my friends. Have their 2 year olds in backless booster. They both claim the kids are safe in them. I hope they both get ticketed.

by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 10:42 PM
3 moms liked this

Ive never seen a kid in a full car seat at 7 and I would take a second look if I did.  It's odd and overprotective.  If you have to special order the seat off the internet it's probably not the norm lol

My son doesn't even use a booster anymore @ 7yrs *gasp* oh noes!

Quoting Anonymous:

There are tons. My 7 year old was harnessed till last week. And protecting kids from the number one killer of kids from ages 1-14 isn't going overboard. Its doing our job as parents

Quoting 428:

I wouldn't even know where to find a full car seat to fit a kid 5+ specially a big kid tbh.  I think some moms can be a little overboard with the carseats.

Quoting copperked:

In Oregon, age is also a factor because it better determines bone density (breakability) than height and weight. A child who is inches taller than peers of the same age still has the close to the same bone density and therefore is stil susceptible to the same injuries.

Quoting 428:

I had my 5 yr old in a booster.  Its not the age, its the height/weight.

Quoting MissMysteriouss:

I wouldnt put a 5 yr old in a booster let alone a 2 year old. A 2 year old should still be rear facing.

momof2girls89
by Gold Member on Jan. 29, 2013 at 10:43 PM

Call the police. Seriously. You could save their lives. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured