Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Have you or do you know anyone who has hidden a pregnancy?

Posted by   + Show Post
So i was reading the post about women faking pregnancies but i was wondering if you ladies know anyone or if you have hidden a pregnancy? Why? How?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 10:42 PM
Replies (11-20):
LiDoMama
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 11:02 PM
I hid my last pregnancy until 24 weeks. We had ttc for a long time with no success and once I finally got pregnant I had some scares and almost lost him. We've had some late losses in our family in the past few years, and I didn't want to put myself or anyone else through a difficult situation. My current pregnancy though was a surprise and although I'm still early, I've told some close family as it was such a shock.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 29, 2013 at 11:05 PM
I'm hiding mine now from everybody but immediate family.
Don't want baby's father finding out til my 3rd trimester, if not closer to birth.
He'll be upset about it due to money. I'm a big tall girl so no one's guessed - figured out yet.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 29, 2013 at 11:21 PM

My ex step-sister hid hers.  She got pregnant right before/after graduating.  At Christmas I knew she was pregnant, but since I didn't visit them often I assumed they all knew and just hadn't told me.  Nope, shortly after Christmas she up and moved to another state and then called a month or so later and said she had a baby.  When my dad told me I was like "I knew it!"

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 29, 2013 at 11:26 PM

I find vintage-style dresses hide it REALLY well. A tight fitting bodice on the dress, and have it end in a circle skirt where the waist starts high. The belly will push at the folds in the top of the circle skirt, but as long as it's a full, voluminous skirt, no one notices, and people will keep complimenting your dress, because it's a pretty flattering silhouette, pregnancy or no.

I like to start wearing padded bras before I get pregnant, since a big part of a successful hidden pregnancy is the prep work in wearing the same clothes you'll be wearing while you're pregnant.

The padded bras mean that even if your breasts grow early on, it won't be noticeable, because you've been making them look like that for a while. Scarves that you tie at the neck and hang in between your boobs and over your belly are great. Try to time your hidden pregnancy so that it ends during the coldest months. This way you can wear the most layers when you are most pregnant. Get the biggest purse you can find, and try to stand slightly in profile, holding your purse so it obstructs your belly. Use televisions shows for inspiration. They "hide" the pregnancies of actresses all the time

If before pregnancy, you prepped for months by wearing stylish knitted ponchos with a fitted pencil skirt or skinny jeans, then you can wear those cute knitted ponchos. But if you did not do this prep-work, then avoid them! They scream "I'm pregnant" if you suddenly wear them out of the blue. Take notes that the lightweight more summery ponchos cling and provide less coverage, so you want to spend a lot of time looking in the mirror, and asking yourself if you look pregnant.

If you have prepped for months before pregnancy by occasionally wearing frumpy, misshapen, baggy clothes, like a black hoodie that's a size large when you're typically a size small., then you can wear these clothes. If you have not done the prep-work, avoid them!

Then, some important extras: before you begin showing, like during the first trimester, or early in the second, occassionally wear something form fitting that shows how flat your stomach is. This way, if someone thinks, "Is she pregnant?" He'll then respond to himself "No, I just saw her in that tiny tan dress last week.

If you are in a situation where cocktails would normally be drunk, order nonalcoholic drinks that look like they are alcoholic. You can even let the bartender in on your secret, and he'll help you out.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 29, 2013 at 11:31 PM
13 moms liked this

I dont know how, but my birth mother hid her pregnancy when she was pregnant with me. And gave me up for adoption. She hid it from all of her family members, her mom, siblings, etc. She did it most likely because she didn't want family to try and guilt her into keeping me when she felt like she wouldnt be able to take care of me. I was her second. She was only 17 at the time.

I'm grateful though. She gave me to an amazing family. And now I have 2 AMAZING families. I'm now in contact with my biological family, even the woman who gave me up for adoption and it's an amazing feeling to be welcomed into the arms of a loving family whom I only recently got to know. And still have the family who raised me and loved me as their own. HAD to share. :)

brittanyjenean
by Gold Member on Jan. 29, 2013 at 11:41 PM
1 mom liked this

Nope, can't say that I have ever known anyone to do so. 

But, after two losses, I likely will hide my next pregnancy...whenever that may be. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 29, 2013 at 11:42 PM
1 mom liked this
DH's ex wife hid her pregnancy till almost the end.I figured it out when she was about 6 months though.As for why,well she was 35 yrs old,unmarried,5th kid with the 5th different dad-wouldn't you be ashamed?!I know I would be.
TeamTARDIS
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 11:42 PM
4 moms liked this

I tried to hide my pregnancy with ds. Not for any bad reason, but because dh and I wanted it to be our secret for a while...yeah that lasted less than 12 hours before we were blabbing to everyone.

Me to a stranger on the street: 'guess what? Oh you probably won't guess so I will just tell you. I am going to have a baby!!!'

cali_angel_girl
by Silver Member on Jan. 29, 2013 at 11:42 PM

Nope I don't no anyone that has.

firefly63701
by Silver Member on Jan. 29, 2013 at 11:43 PM

yep, my sister went to school with her.  Hid it  right until she went into labor and had no choice but to tell her parents,

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)