Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Have you or do you know anyone who has hidden a pregnancy?

Posted by   + Show Post
So i was reading the post about women faking pregnancies but i was wondering if you ladies know anyone or if you have hidden a pregnancy? Why? How?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 10:42 PM
Replies (171-180):
babie113
by Ruby Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 10:03 AM

i haven't but im tempted to hide my next one from my inlaws lol they are judgemental asshats .even though we were ttc my son when i got my bfp they acted like he was a big mistake .i know that no matter what if i get pregnant again they are just not going to be supportive or nice about it . so when i do get pregnant again im just not going to tell them until its obvious .

kidlover2
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 10:04 AM
I didn't tell anyone other than my mom and sister that I was pregnant till I was 8 1/2 months pregnant. Then it was just obvious. I was 150 lbs.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
nurbabe82
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 10:09 AM

Yes I did. She was afraid her grandparents would be mad even though she and her boyfriend had their own place and were getting married. She eventually told them when she was like 8 months along, but I kept thinking what's the point of hiding it? What are going to say when they come over and see a new baby in the living rooms, found her by the mailbox lol.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 41 on Jan. 30, 2013 at 10:10 AM

I've hiden quite a few because I've given birth to 3 children but have had 11 miscarriages. It just got easyer to hide them until after the first 3 months when the risk of losing it went down (only lost 2 after 3 months). It was easyer then telling everyone afterwards that I lost em. So that's why. The how was mostly baggie clothes, sitting with pillows or blankets on, sneaking food to finish eating in another room, and doing 'water flushes' to hide pee-ing a lot, and  staying to myself/ having 'the flu' or 'food poisioning' to hide morning sickness.

FullMoonFever
by Gold Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 10:15 AM

My SIL hid hers full term.She had the baby in her mother's bathroom.Her mom helped deliver him.Was a huge surprise to us all.

She was always fairly 'big' and honestly,no one noticed! She wore the same type of clothing she always wore,big and loose.She hid it because she was afraid everyone would look down on her for getting pregnant,especially her parents,and she drank like mad and popped pills trying to get rid of the baby.It didn't work and fortunately he's fine and also a sweet little boy.She's still a mess though.(she was 40 when she had him)

VannaMae307
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 10:16 AM

I hid mine until I was about 6 months along. The only ones that knew were my boss, my mom, and my husband.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 42 on Jan. 30, 2013 at 10:18 AM
Yes. I woman I know his her entire pregnancy. She went to her parents house and work everyday and no one new she was pregnant until she showed up with a newborn.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 43 on Jan. 30, 2013 at 10:21 AM
1 mom liked this

when we are ready again and our greif isnt as stong as it is now, dh and i do plan to keep a pregnancy a secret for a time, pretty much until baby is cleared as completely normal and healthy. why would we do this? well when  ones dh carrys a translocation know to cause a death sentance type of birth defect  announcing a pregnancy along with there being a good probilility of baby having it its basically having to say hey we are pregnant but our baby could die any day now and probly wont make it out of the 1st trimester even! we want to aviod having to go back and tell everyone we told we were pregnant  and say over andf over to others  when we lose the baby. its enough for us to get our hopes up a bit  only to have the shattered and a whole nother thing getting friends and families hopes up. while we wouldnt keep a normal pregnancy a secret the whole time of course but i think others who have gone through many losses would understand not wanting to break the news until they knew for sure the baby was okay and would live. our circumstances are differnet from the usual people id think would conceal a pregnancy.

but my late grand mother was raped at 15, wisked away and hidden, everything covered up swept under the rug, forced adoption, she had a son. for a long time the only person she even told was  my grandpa after they married (could tell after that she wasnt  a virgin) he was furious  but not at her, he tried to track down the baby boy she had but only hit dead ends searching, he wanted a large family and even though it wasnt his child he wanted it. it wasnt until a month before she passed that she told her other kids that they have a brother somewhere out there. she wanted to keep him but, well  forced adoption is forced duh. so total she had 16 living kids.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 44 on Jan. 30, 2013 at 10:22 AM
I hid my first pregnancy for close to 5mos. Luckily I didn't start showing til that point. I hid it because I was 17 at the time, and I was terrified of my dad. He's an alcoholic and drug addict, he was also physically and mentally abusive.
Bigmetalchicken
by Ruby Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 10:22 AM

I have known people who tried to hide pregnancies, but seriously, they were deluded and everybody knew.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN