Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Have you or do you know anyone who has hidden a pregnancy?

Posted by   + Show Post
So i was reading the post about women faking pregnancies but i was wondering if you ladies know anyone or if you have hidden a pregnancy? Why? How?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 10:42 PM
Replies (31-40):
copperked
by Silver Member on Jan. 29, 2013 at 11:49 PM

I have a friend who hid her pregnancy (before I ever met her) for family reasons.

AmyParent
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 11:50 PM
I don't know how but I know a family whose daughter hid her pregnancy til she went into labor
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 10 on Jan. 29, 2013 at 11:50 PM
I hid mine until I was 6 months. It was during winter, so I had no trouble wearing big clothes. I was hiding it from my family, I was raped and didn't tell anyone. When my mom found out I invented a boyfriend who decided to leave me.
GirlWithANikon
by Platinum Member on Jan. 29, 2013 at 11:51 PM

yupp. one because she was young and scared and wanted to give the baby up before her mom found out.

one because shes a crack head and didnt feel like listen to us complain about her 56789898th crack addicted baby so since she stays so small and continues to do drugs nothing much changes and she just shows up like look at my new baby... does anyone see cps? make sure you tell in advance if they call you....

Anonymous
by Anonymous 11 on Jan. 29, 2013 at 11:51 PM
1 mom liked this
I hid mine from the biological father. He thinks I miscarried at 12 weeks and I now have a two week old baby with my husbands name on the birth certificate. Husband knows there's a chance the baby isn't his and that the guy raped me, the rapist knows nothing.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 12 on Jan. 29, 2013 at 11:52 PM
2 moms liked this
I hid my middle dd from my parents and close friends for 6 months. I just wore baggy clothes and avoided close contact. I was scared, my bf at the time (now dh) was in jail & I was living off unemployment with a 2 year old. I come from a family that seriously looks down upon young, unwed mothers & had already let them down once. But I ended up having some complications & needed help with ds while I was in the hospital, so I had to tell my family. I still didn't tell my bff until the last minute though. She still gives me crap (almost 7 years later) about when I told her.

Me: "Hey, um, I wanted to let you know that O's going to have a little sister"

Her: Oooooookkkk, when?

Me: I'm being induced Monday.

Her: O_o
copperked
by Silver Member on Jan. 29, 2013 at 11:52 PM
2 moms liked this

The mother of my goddaughters also hid her first pregnancy from me while we were still in high school because she was afraid I would judge her (I was very "churchy"). Another friend let it slip and when I approached her about I told her I was sorry I made her feel like she couldn't tell me and that I didn't believe that God makes mistakes, but he makes children and puts them in our lives for reasons. It was still kind of a churchy response but I guess she liked it because now if anything happens to her and her husband, she has asked me to take care of her girls.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 8 on Jan. 29, 2013 at 11:54 PM
I'm hiding mine now from mine and DHs families, I'm almost 28 weeks I barely have a baby bump at all.
Watching what you eat and dressing in baggy clothing helps a ton too.
alleycat_2
by Silver Member on Jan. 29, 2013 at 11:54 PM
I never hid my pregnancy I just didnt tell people I didnt feel like talking to. When they found out I didnt really care because they werent important to me. When I have number 3 I wont really tell anyone because they think two is enough.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Bauxite-17
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 11:55 PM

I hid mine till I was almost 4 months. In my family, women have a hard time conceiving and more often than not, they'll have a miscarriage. I know my family didn't approve of me moving in my boyfriend and then getting engaged, and telling them I was pregnant would have just been icing on the cake. I moved in with him, a month later he asked me to marry him, a month later, I got pregnant...so, it would have been too much to handle for them, and I didn't want to say anything in case I did miscarry, because they would have probably said something like, Oh, well thats good, now you guys can wait to have kids, or some shit like that...it would have been a little heart breaking. But when I did tell them at 4 months, I was at one of my brothers houses, and I told them all at once, it was a family get together, and one of my brothers walked out. So yeah.....they're cool with it now that I've been married for 2 years and together for 3, with the father of my son. I think they finally realized I'm not their little sis anymore, but their adult sister. I've always had trouble with them treating me like I'm 12 and don't know what I'm doing.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)