Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Have you or do you know anyone who has hidden a pregnancy?

Posted by   + Show Post
So i was reading the post about women faking pregnancies but i was wondering if you ladies know anyone or if you have hidden a pregnancy? Why? How?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 10:42 PM
Replies (401-410):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 99 on Jan. 31, 2013 at 2:35 AM
i had a friend in high school that hid her pregnancy from our entire group of friends. (not sure if she told her family or not) we were sophomores so we didnt expect it nor were we looking for the obvious signs. she was the 'odd ball' of our group. the only one who didnt play sports and you'd never catch her in a cute shirt and skinny jeans like the rest of us. large hoodies were her thing. so when the hoodies got bigger, we just assumed she liked them that way. she quit school towards the end of sophomore year and came back junior year with pictures of a gorgeous baby girl. it blows my mind that i never realized that she was pregnant. the way she would run to the bathroom, and how the smell of the lunch room made her sick. not to mention the obnoxiously huge hoodies! i even hugged her when she said she was dropping out! how did i not know?!? hmph. oh well.
MochaBerry24
by Silver Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 2:59 AM

omg wow!!!! Well I would love a full update sometime if you are up for it! I'm due the very beginning of August! 

Quoting ElizabethGracie:

They're really good.We're having another baby in July...I got really really lucky...I'm so blessed to have a man like him :)

Quoting MochaBerry24:

Wow! I really loved reading your story! How are things going now?

Quoting ElizabethGracie:

Techinally it wasn't the night before...it was a few weeks before he came home. But yes,unfortunately.

Quoting MochaBerry24:

Are you the lady who emailed him the night before and told him he had a nine month old son?

Quoting ElizabethGracie:

I didn't tell my boyfriend (now husband) that I was pregnant until after our baby was born and he was home from Afghanistan. I really regret it,but I really thought I was doing the right thing at the time.

shrugging

CafeMom Tickers

karlamousse4
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 4:20 AM
Were you young? Thats why I hid it from my mother in law. It didnt matter to her that my hubby and I were already engaged before we found out, she hates me and thought we weren't ready. Ha, if I were forty when I had had my daughter she still would have thought we weren't ready lol.

Quoting redbutterfly666:

Sweaters lol and dfs mom flipped out and smacked him in the head when she did find out so imagine what she would have said to me if I actually told her,it would have been worse

Quoting MochaBerry24:

How and why?

Quoting redbutterfly666:

I hid mine until I was 25 weeks from dfs parents

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
sugarcrisp
by Ruby Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 6:30 AM

I hid my pregnancy from most people I knew/worked with until I was five months pregnant, which is when I started to show. Then I started letting people know.

I hid it because I was just starting to put my life back together after leaving his father (bad situation) and I didn't want more people knowing than necessary. We lived in a small town where everybody knew everybody and their business. 

Exile Island. A fun place with colorful people. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 100 on Jan. 31, 2013 at 7:12 AM

Yeah I know a girl who didn't tell anyone because she wanted to drink at a wedding...she was like 4-5 mons  preggo with her 2nd...you could totally tell sh was preggo...an trashed

Anonymous
by Anonymous 101 on Jan. 31, 2013 at 8:45 AM

I have. All of them. Pregnancy should be a happy time, but in a lot of cases, it's not. Many people including friends, familiy and even your spouse may act as if the world were coming to an end. My bf and I have been together for 9 years and if I were pregnant right now, I would still be afraid to tell him or my parents.

Paigesmommy78
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 8:45 AM

My sister hid her 1st for as long as she could about 7months but she was still a teenager

Anonymous
by Anonymous 102 on Jan. 31, 2013 at 8:50 AM

I know someone who hid hers for a while. Her first, because she'd only been dating her bf for a couple of weeks when she got pregnant, and she didn't dare go to the doctor because her aunt worked there. She somehow managed to not tell anyone until she was 6 months, because they married when she was 7 months. A couple of her last pregnancies she "hid" until she was pretty far along too, for different reasons.

julesbouge
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 10:02 AM

I didn't tell my work right away.   I knew a girl in high school who didn't tell anyone and then delivered her baby in the nurses office.  She was a very thin girl and gained less than10 lbs through the pregnancy. 

manda1021
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 10:08 AM

Yes my older  sister did she had my nephew 5 months after my first DS was born.  She hid becuase she didnt want anyone to know. My sister hid it because she didnt want our grandmother to find out because my grandma was livid that i was 19 and pregnat. Though I did give her a peice of my mind due to her telling me how horrible and stupid i was for being pregant at 19.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)