Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Have you or do you know anyone who has hidden a pregnancy?

Posted by   + Show Post
So i was reading the post about women faking pregnancies but i was wondering if you ladies know anyone or if you have hidden a pregnancy? Why? How?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 10:42 PM
Replies (421-430):
themomof3boys
by Bronze Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 7:03 AM
Yes she did by herself.

Quoting gigis1:

did she deliver the baby at home ????

Quoting themomof3boys:

I knew a girl in the town where I live that hid her pregnancy from everyone including her own family till the morning after she had delivered her baby. She had the baby and brought it down for breakfast that morning, and her mom is a nurse.

wannabpregnant
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 7:08 AM
how's did you manage that? were you just really over weight? no rudeness intended

Quoting risaspieces:

I hid my first until the day I went into labor (he was 4 weeks early), I was 16 when I got pregnant and extremely ashamed.

risaspieces
by Gold Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 3:54 PM
I was underweight when I got pregnant, but I had just started college and had stopped using so I did put on some serious weight (40 -50 pounds) but no one wanted to mention it. Everyone just assumed that I got fat because I was getting clean. I never intended to hide my pregnancy, but I was really ashamed.

I was 16, had overdosed a few months before I got pregnant and had nearly tore my family apart because of the stupid things I was doing. By the time I realized I was pregnant ( about 5 months along) I had convinced myself that if I messed up one more time that my family would kick me out and I'd be alone with a helpless little baby relying on me. I was truly a stupid teenager.

Quoting wannabpregnant:

how's did you manage that? were you just really over weight? no rudeness intended

Quoting risaspieces:

I hid my first until the day I went into labor (he was 4 weeks early), I was 16 when I got pregnant and extremely ashamed.

ElizabethGracie
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 2:37 PM

yay,congratulations,that's so exciting! And yeah,a full update would be fine! Just pm anytime :-)

Quoting MochaBerry24:

omg wow!!!! Well I would love a full update sometime if you are up for it! I'm due the very beginning of August! 

Quoting ElizabethGracie:

They're really good.We're having another baby in July...I got really really lucky...I'm so blessed to have a man like him :)

Quoting MochaBerry24:

Wow! I really loved reading your story! How are things going now?

Quoting ElizabethGracie:

Techinally it wasn't the night before...it was a few weeks before he came home. But yes,unfortunately.

Quoting MochaBerry24:

Are you the lady who emailed him the night before and told him he had a nine month old son?

Quoting ElizabethGracie:

I didn't tell my boyfriend (now husband) that I was pregnant until after our baby was born and he was home from Afghanistan. I really regret it,but I really thought I was doing the right thing at the time.

shrugging

"Live as if you have faith and faith will be given to you."

GirlWithANikon
by Platinum Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 6:33 AM

They didnt take my blood? I had an IV with one of my kids and not the other but no blood draws. Ill have to ask if they do that in pa, I delivered both kids in wa. I delivered in a military hospital maybe its different. I know for sure I had no blood draws just a simple IV I made a huge stink about lol. With DD I didnt need wires and extra monitors or any emergency care so I had nothing at all.

What I do recall though was in my booklet to track my apts, baby growth, and give me info it did say if they suspect I was taking drugs they reserve the right to test me. I guess they could have tested me when pregnant and I didn't know, I had lots of blood draws then. But not at delivery.

Quoting Anonymous:

when they first get you admitted in to l&d they take your blood.

they don't tell you what it's for. 

i don't know if they mixed up my blood or if was b/c of herbs 

i took to induce labor but they tried to tell me a week later 

i was smoking pot, i told them to retest me for b/c i wasn't smoking that shit. i was retested came back negative.

gave a list of what was in the tea i was using to.

it's required by law here since2003

Quoting GirlWithANikon:

I don't live in her state anymore. But she's on methadone. You get the treatment all through pregnancy, and she does drugs as well, and she usually gets to keep the children until she voluntarily gives them up. They do provide her with a house and social worker though or set her up in a saferish and cleanerish when she's inbetween gov homes. The wait lists can be long and she moves out when she doesn't have kids.. Kids might be a req but I've never asked her. Se could just be leaving for the streets, Kwim. 

But I delivered both my children in wa and I was not tested even during pregnancy. I don't know anyone given a drug test unless they were like so whacked out they couldn't deny reasonable doubt lol. My family kinda sucks, I know lots of babies born on heroin and no, they don't test. And if you can prove you're keeping your methadone apts they don't test even when you're high bc I was there when we took a family member in to deliver and she was high AND under age. They gave her pain mess, more drugs, and kept her baby in a nursery unless she asked for it. She had a large baby though, over 4lbs and no nicu so maybe they thought she was a lesser evil ??? 

What places just test everyone in l&d isn't that some kinda rights violation ? I don't even use but I'd be mad bc that's offensive and who's paying for it ? I've heard if they suspect or the baby has withdraw in the hospital. My sister had withdraw though and they didn't test my mom I remember. 

Quoting Anonymous:

How is that even possible ? Doesn't your state do drug testing in L&D ? O.o

Quoting GirlWithANikon:

yupp. one because she was young and scared and wanted to give the baby up before her mom found out.

one because shes a crack head and didnt feel like listen to us complain about her 56789898th crack addicted baby so since she stays so small and continues to do drugs nothing much changes and she just shows up like look at my new baby... does anyone see cps? make sure you tell in advance if they call you....

Anonymous
by Anonymous 105 on Feb. 4, 2013 at 6:33 AM

i hid my second one from family up until i was in labor and going to the hospital

GirlWithANikon
by Platinum Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 6:36 AM

Omgosh, I remember you! Glad it all worked out.

Quoting ElizabethGracie:

yay,congratulations,that's so exciting! And yeah,a full update would be fine! Just pm anytime :-)

Quoting MochaBerry24:

omg wow!!!! Well I would love a full update sometime if you are up for it! I'm due the very beginning of August! 

Quoting ElizabethGracie:

They're really good.We're having another baby in July...I got really really lucky...I'm so blessed to have a man like him :)

Quoting MochaBerry24:

Wow! I really loved reading your story! How are things going now?

Quoting ElizabethGracie:

Techinally it wasn't the night before...it was a few weeks before he came home. But yes,unfortunately.

Quoting MochaBerry24:

Are you the lady who emailed him the night before and told him he had a nine month old son?

Quoting ElizabethGracie:

I didn't tell my boyfriend (now husband) that I was pregnant until after our baby was born and he was home from Afghanistan. I really regret it,but I really thought I was doing the right thing at the time.

shrugging

LilyofPhilly
by Platinum Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 7:56 AM
My GS's aunt had a baby two weeks after my GS was born. She had her first 3 kids taken away from her.
Pnukey
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 7:58 AM

SIL did. She was unmarried and knew grandma and grandpa would not be OK with that. They eventually found out of course, and they were not happy. At Thanksgiving, while maybe 4-5 months pregnant, she stayed seated at the table the entire evening. It was hours.

Mamasgirl524
by Platinum Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 8:00 AM
My sister just told our family at 21wks she is pregnant. She was like "I'm pregnant with a girl named Mariya, congrats" lol.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN