Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How soon after. Another period qusetion.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 11 Replies
My daughter is going to be 12 and just informed me that she want's to shave her va_jayjay because she has hair down there so i of course said NO. I don't remember how long it took for me. She is already in an A cup in a bra. So how long after you grew breasts and hair down there did you get your first period?
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 29, 2013 at 10:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MixedCooke
by Platinum Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 2:11 AM

I got mine when I was 11.  I dont see a big deal in shaving legs or her vajayjay. 

LiDoMama
by Gold Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 2:23 AM
I'd say six months after I started growing body hair and getting breasts, I got my period. I don't see a big deal with her wanting to shave her legs. Its her decision on wanting to shave her pubic hair, but I don't understand why a young girl would want to do that, unless she finds it irritating. Either way, the whole shaving/period/getting boobs all happened within a short time frame.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 30, 2013 at 2:42 AM
I allow her to shave her legs i just don't think she is ready to shave down there she wouldn't know how to keep from cutting herself and i am just not ready for her to be so grown up :(

Quoting LiDoMama:

I'd say six months after I started growing body hair and getting breasts, I got my period. I don't see a big deal with her wanting to shave her legs. Its her decision on wanting to shave her pubic hair, but I don't understand why a young girl would want to do that, unless she finds it irritating. Either way, the whole shaving/period/getting boobs all happened within a short time frame.

Unoriginal.
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 2:43 AM

Get safety razors. If you let her shave her legs, she'll just do it anyway

Quoting Anonymous:

I allow her to shave her legs i just don't think she is ready to shave down there she wouldn't know how to keep from cutting herself and i am just not ready for her to be so grown up :(

Quoting LiDoMama:

LiDoMama
by Gold Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 2:45 AM
Yeah I can understand that, that would be a concern of mine too- her hurting herself or getting an ingrown hair. My little girl is 5...I can't imagine her being 11 or 12 or older. I wish she could stay little forever!

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting LiDoMama:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 30, 2013 at 2:46 AM

My 11 year old  daughter has had major pubic hair and boobs for over a year now and still has not started her period.  Hope it makes you feel better :)

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 30, 2013 at 2:48 AM
Seems a little young.
gwebkeijmmm
by Ruby Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 2:49 AM

I can't remember. 

But I think you should let her shave if she wants to. I don't see the harm in it. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 30, 2013 at 2:52 AM
Quoting Anonymous:

Aaww I know you are not ready for her to be grown up, we all arnt but its not right for you to tell her no because of that, and really its her decision but she asked you anyways so it would be good to value that she asked you. If your worried about her cutting herself, just tell her to be carfull but eaither way she is going to shave down their at some point regardless so its better to just give her tips instead of her going behind yourback and doing it in the future.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 30, 2013 at 2:53 AM

I got mine when I was nine... started to grow hair down there when i was 8 though... so about a year

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured