Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Confession: I did my daughter's homework for her.

Posted by   + Show Post

My daughter, 5th grader, had a shit ton of homework tonight.

She worked on it non-stop from the time she got home until bedtime, with short breaks and dinner in between. She wasn't fooling around, and I could see her getting stressed and anxious.

Her last worksheet had 5 unfinished math problems left, so I finished them after she went to bed. That shit was hard! It's been quite a long time since I was a student and I guess I am NOT smarter than a 5th grader! ;)

by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 10:55 PM
Replies (31-40):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 29, 2013 at 11:16 PM

I have a degree in math and my kids always tried to get me to do their calculus homework.  I told them no way...i did my time in hell. :)

Quoting Kerannmer:

Probably, lol. I suck at math (this was fractions, so not too bad), but at least it was me and not my husband (he's even worse!). :) 

Quoting Anonymous:

Watch you get her a "D" on her math homework...

Kerannmer
by Gold Member on Jan. 29, 2013 at 11:16 PM
1 mom liked this

Thanks. We're carrying on a tradition passed on from my husband's family.

Quoting BelleVernonGirl:

Fuck um...live your life for you and your fam not other ppl...have fun on your vacation!!!!

Quoting Kerannmer:

I'm not, but other moms sure are! Yikes, lol. They'd really freak if they knew my husband and I were taking her out of school for a week to go skiing. Now I'm really in for shit. Oh nooooooo! ;)

Quoting BelleVernonGirl:

I think everyone has done this...don't sweat it...

Kerannmer
by Gold Member on Jan. 29, 2013 at 11:17 PM

I still, to this day, have NO IDEA how I passed calculus. I think the teacher may have had me mixed up with someone else, lol.  

Quoting Anonymous:

I have a degree in math and my kids always tried to get me to do their calculus homework.  I told them no way...i did my time in hell. :)

Quoting Kerannmer:

Probably, lol. I suck at math (this was fractions, so not too bad), but at least it was me and not my husband (he's even worse!). :) 

Quoting Anonymous:

Watch you get her a "D" on her math homework...

Kerannmer
by Gold Member on Jan. 29, 2013 at 11:19 PM

Why does logic have to be applied to everything? I'm not sweating it, it's small stuff. I'm sure I didn't fuck up her entire future with 5 little 5th grade math problems, lol. 

Quoting Anonymous:

So if they'll get marked wrong or she'll have to do them anyway, WHY did you do them?!

Were you bored?

There is absolutely no logic to this scenario.

Quoting Kerannmer:

No, she won't get shit. If I thought it would start a shitstorm, or if she'd get in trouble, or whatever, I wouldn't have done it. The most that will happen is that they'll be marked wrong or she'll redo them in lunch study. I don't think I'm going to win Mom-of-the-Year for this one, but it hardly makes a case for such a dramatic response. 

Quoting Anonymous:

so you CHEATED for your daughter without her knowledge AND are sending a note to school to admit to it?!

Why bother doing the problems at all?  Why not just write a note saying your daughter worked X hours on homework and just couldn't finish?

Now SHE's going to get shit for YOU doing her work AND not finishing it.

Way to go, mom.

Quoting Kerannmer:

I stuck a post-it to the sheet letting her teacher know, lol; it's also obvious by the completely different handwriting. Hey, it's good practice for me, right? Gotta keep this old mind SHARP! ;)

Quoting Anonymous:

would be freakin hysterical if you got them all wrong.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 29, 2013 at 11:21 PM

Quoting Kerannmer:

Because she did the previous 25 problems. I'm not worried.  

Quoting Anonymous:

So how can you know for sure SHE knew how to do the problems on her own, since you did them for her?

I did this once after my kid missed several days and he got a ton of home work, it was pages and pages of the same type of math, I made sure he knew what he was doing, and did the same thing, was it wrong of me? very.  I think though when a kid has to miss several days due to illness that  abbrevated lessons should be used so the kid does't stress themselves out playing catch up.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 29, 2013 at 11:21 PM

Lol. They only have 1 assignment every week. He actually gets very excited about it. This week we had to cut out the letter w and glue it to paper. Last week he had to bring me something green and we glued paper. 

Quoting Anonymous:

why in the hell does a  *3* year old have homework???? that is just f*cked up!!!!  let the poor thing be a kid for gods sake!!!!  

Quoting Anonymous:

I do my sons every week. But he's only 3 so ita really parent a homework with him helping somewhat.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 29, 2013 at 11:22 PM
Don't feel bad I'm sitting here doing my 2nd graders project lol....
Devious333
by Ruby Member on Jan. 29, 2013 at 11:22 PM
1 mom liked this
I would have done it, too. You're a good mom :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Kerannmer
by Gold Member on Jan. 29, 2013 at 11:24 PM

Oh shit, projects...I'm guilty of those, as well, lol.  

Quoting Anonymous:

Don't feel bad I'm sitting here doing my 2nd graders project lol....

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 29, 2013 at 11:26 PM

That is so cute!  At least they are learning responsibility.

Quoting Anonymous:

Lol. They only have 1 assignment every week. He actually gets very excited about it. This week we had to cut out the letter w and glue it to paper. Last week he had to bring me something green and we glued paper. 

Quoting Anonymous:

why in the hell does a  *3* year old have homework???? that is just f*cked up!!!!  let the poor thing be a kid for gods sake!!!!  

Quoting Anonymous:

I do my sons every week. But he's only 3 so ita really parent a homework with him helping somewhat.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)