Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Confession: I did my daughter's homework for her.

Posted by   + Show Post

My daughter, 5th grader, had a shit ton of homework tonight.

She worked on it non-stop from the time she got home until bedtime, with short breaks and dinner in between. She wasn't fooling around, and I could see her getting stressed and anxious.

Her last worksheet had 5 unfinished math problems left, so I finished them after she went to bed. That shit was hard! It's been quite a long time since I was a student and I guess I am NOT smarter than a 5th grader! ;)

by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 10:55 PM
Replies (31-40):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 9 on Jan. 29, 2013 at 11:16 PM

I have a degree in math and my kids always tried to get me to do their calculus homework.  I told them no way...i did my time in hell. :)

Quoting Kerannmer:

Probably, lol. I suck at math (this was fractions, so not too bad), but at least it was me and not my husband (he's even worse!). :) 

Quoting Anonymous:

Watch you get her a "D" on her math homework...

Kerannmer
by Platinum Member on Jan. 29, 2013 at 11:16 PM
1 mom liked this

Thanks. We're carrying on a tradition passed on from my husband's family.

Quoting BelleVernonGirl:

Fuck um...live your life for you and your fam not other ppl...have fun on your vacation!!!!

Quoting Kerannmer:

I'm not, but other moms sure are! Yikes, lol. They'd really freak if they knew my husband and I were taking her out of school for a week to go skiing. Now I'm really in for shit. Oh nooooooo! ;)

Quoting BelleVernonGirl:

I think everyone has done this...don't sweat it...

Kerannmer
by Platinum Member on Jan. 29, 2013 at 11:17 PM

I still, to this day, have NO IDEA how I passed calculus. I think the teacher may have had me mixed up with someone else, lol.  

Quoting Anonymous:

I have a degree in math and my kids always tried to get me to do their calculus homework.  I told them no way...i did my time in hell. :)

Quoting Kerannmer:

Probably, lol. I suck at math (this was fractions, so not too bad), but at least it was me and not my husband (he's even worse!). :) 

Quoting Anonymous:

Watch you get her a "D" on her math homework...

Kerannmer
by Platinum Member on Jan. 29, 2013 at 11:19 PM

Why does logic have to be applied to everything? I'm not sweating it, it's small stuff. I'm sure I didn't fuck up her entire future with 5 little 5th grade math problems, lol. 

Quoting Anonymous:

So if they'll get marked wrong or she'll have to do them anyway, WHY did you do them?!

Were you bored?

There is absolutely no logic to this scenario.

Quoting Kerannmer:

No, she won't get shit. If I thought it would start a shitstorm, or if she'd get in trouble, or whatever, I wouldn't have done it. The most that will happen is that they'll be marked wrong or she'll redo them in lunch study. I don't think I'm going to win Mom-of-the-Year for this one, but it hardly makes a case for such a dramatic response. 

Quoting Anonymous:

so you CHEATED for your daughter without her knowledge AND are sending a note to school to admit to it?!

Why bother doing the problems at all?  Why not just write a note saying your daughter worked X hours on homework and just couldn't finish?

Now SHE's going to get shit for YOU doing her work AND not finishing it.

Way to go, mom.

Quoting Kerannmer:

I stuck a post-it to the sheet letting her teacher know, lol; it's also obvious by the completely different handwriting. Hey, it's good practice for me, right? Gotta keep this old mind SHARP! ;)

Quoting Anonymous:

would be freakin hysterical if you got them all wrong.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 10 on Jan. 29, 2013 at 11:21 PM

Quoting Kerannmer:

Because she did the previous 25 problems. I'm not worried.  

Quoting Anonymous:

So how can you know for sure SHE knew how to do the problems on her own, since you did them for her?

I did this once after my kid missed several days and he got a ton of home work, it was pages and pages of the same type of math, I made sure he knew what he was doing, and did the same thing, was it wrong of me? very.  I think though when a kid has to miss several days due to illness that  abbrevated lessons should be used so the kid does't stress themselves out playing catch up.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jan. 29, 2013 at 11:21 PM

Lol. They only have 1 assignment every week. He actually gets very excited about it. This week we had to cut out the letter w and glue it to paper. Last week he had to bring me something green and we glued paper. 

Quoting Anonymous:

why in the hell does a  *3* year old have homework???? that is just f*cked up!!!!  let the poor thing be a kid for gods sake!!!!  

Quoting Anonymous:

I do my sons every week. But he's only 3 so ita really parent a homework with him helping somewhat.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 11 on Jan. 29, 2013 at 11:22 PM
Don't feel bad I'm sitting here doing my 2nd graders project lol....
Devious333
by Ruby Member on Jan. 29, 2013 at 11:22 PM
1 mom liked this
I would have done it, too. You're a good mom :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Kerannmer
by Platinum Member on Jan. 29, 2013 at 11:24 PM

Oh shit, projects...I'm guilty of those, as well, lol.  

Quoting Anonymous:

Don't feel bad I'm sitting here doing my 2nd graders project lol....

Anonymous
by Anonymous 9 on Jan. 29, 2013 at 11:26 PM

That is so cute!  At least they are learning responsibility.

Quoting Anonymous:

Lol. They only have 1 assignment every week. He actually gets very excited about it. This week we had to cut out the letter w and glue it to paper. Last week he had to bring me something green and we glued paper. 

Quoting Anonymous:

why in the hell does a  *3* year old have homework???? that is just f*cked up!!!!  let the poor thing be a kid for gods sake!!!!  

Quoting Anonymous:

I do my sons every week. But he's only 3 so ita really parent a homework with him helping somewhat.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN