Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

my son got a referral and taken out of his class

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 4 Replies

for something he did not do!  He was accused of pulling a girl down on the playground.  (on accident) and running into a boy in the hall (on accident) causing him to fall and hurt his hand (nothing serious).  He got a referral and had to go to lunch and recess with a different grade and misses out on class time.   Well come to find out that he didn't even pull the girl down at all.  I am livid.  They are trying to cover their tracks and act like he is still to blame somehow but I have already talked to the girls dad and my son is innocent!  We have a meeting tomorrow and I am so nervous.  I am so not the confrontational type.  I hate it and i will probably cry.  I am just so angry.  I don't even know what to say to the principal or teacher. 

When the principal called she even went so far to say that the girls parents were angry about the situation with our son. (even though she hadn't even talked to them about it)  We know the girl so I called the dad to chat with him about it and he didn't even know about it!  When he asked the teacher she said my son wasn't involved.  The principal called again today to tell me that they will only make him do one more day without his class...so he didn't miss out on learning. I'm still not happy.

The other incicdent was an accident and he gets a referral for an accident?!  He is only 6.  I mean a reprimand or even a time out to remind him to be careful in the hall but a referral and taken from his class?  Do you think this is extreme or am I being sensitive? 

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 29, 2013 at 10:57 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
edelweiss23
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 10:58 PM
1 mom liked this
I say you and the other child's parents go in together.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
manicMOM_DLC
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 11:00 PM
That happened to my son once. There's this kid who bullies him and my son put his hands up to block the guys advance, accidentally poked him in the eye, and the kid punched him in the face! Then my son got a white slip. I told the school I wasn't signing that slip and if something wasn't done about the kid bullying my son (and others) that I'd take it to the board and further.
bi-polarmommy
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 11:00 PM

they're being too extreme on this one,

try not to cry, it makes your point seem less valid (btw, i cry too when i'm mad)

do your best to remain calm

anotherhalf
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 11:01 PM
You will learn more at the meeting. It might be that your son has repeatedly been told not to run in the hall and still he does. Wait until you get the whole story before blowing a fuse.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)