Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

2 year old problems(veerrryyyy long)

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 2 Replies
I have a two year old son, he loves his soon to be step father. He has known him all of his life, he has started calling him daddy with noone telling him to, they love eachother. Well, when df and I first got together everything with ds was fine, then after a little bit ds had major problems with df and I hugging or sitting together, he would push df or pull me and say "mine". It took a little while, but ds got over it. We have group hugs, it's all fine. Just recently, like the past two weeks, everytime I leave the room when I come back ds is holding or rubbing some part of himself, (like his head or arm) and looks at me with a sad face and says "Daddy stop" and then sometimes says "MEAN". Well naturally I thought df was hitting him, and that was a BIG problem, but he swore up and down he hadn't touched him or even said anything. At first I didn't believe him, so I started spying. I would watch from somewhere neither could see and they would sit there and watch tv and I would come in and ds would rub somewher
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 29, 2013 at 10:59 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 29, 2013 at 11:01 PM
E look at me with a sad face and act like daddy hit him. Idk what to do about this, it never seemed possible to me that a two year old could lie to get someone in trouble. What do you think?
Shermy
by Platinum Member on Jan. 29, 2013 at 11:33 PM
My son is two, with a very involved, gentle, kind responsible father. Our son has done all of this. Our son is a mamas boy and if my husband is hugging me or kissing me, he will try to break us up so he can hug or kiss me.

He also is melodramatic and as though he has been hit/my husband threw him on the floor/I tossed him into a couch. It is mildly comical to watch it as it plays out, because we will do something, like give him. warning the iPod is going off, tell him it is time to turn it off, then when he does not put it down, remove it from his possession. To which he slam his hands in the ground, roll, flop and say "daddy, don't do that, daddy hurt me".........while we are sitting on the couch....watching...

For our son, it is his version of a temper tantrum, and dude, I will take it. He isn't a whiner, doesn't throw fits, doesn't bang his head on a wall or hit people, that is it for him. That is his to big reaction every now and then. No idea where it came from, but it is meh. I know other kids that do it too.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN