Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

DD told me her teacher hates her

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 6 Replies
On the way home from school today she tells me her teacher hates her because she didn't let her participate in a party for an after school program she's in because she missed one session. (they had an extra session on Monday. The after school program is supposed to be Wednesday & Thursday and I had an appointment Monday so DD did not attend the extra day.) then she tells me another boy who has missed 3 sessions was allowed to attend. She then told me she explained her parents had an appointment and she could not attend. The teacher told her that if she can't attend then she shouldn't be in the after school program.
I thought that was rude but shrugged it off until I log onto Facebook and see two other moms from the same school talking about the same teacher. One of their girls said the teacher hates her today and the other said it a few days ago.
Now I'm thinking if 3 kids all think the same teacher hates them it's probably a problem with this teacher and not our kids right? I think hate is a very harsh word for a child to use to describe their teacher's feelings for them.
I've put in calls to this teacher to discuss DD's falling grades in her class with no response. Now with this I'm thinking it's time to go over her head because I don't think complaining to the teacher will do DD any good but DH wants to deal with the teacher first.
Am I over reacting? What would you do?
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 29, 2013 at 11:44 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 29, 2013 at 11:51 PM

Maybe set up an appointment with the school counselor and teacher. Something definitely is going on. You are right that is a strong word for one kid to say but now 2 others as well.

you don't say what grade your dd is in but still if its grade school then you need to fix it now before she ends up hating school. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 29, 2013 at 11:58 PM
This is 6th, here that's grade school

Quoting Anonymous:

Maybe set up an appointment with the school counselor and teacher. Something definitely is going on. You are right that is a strong word for one kid to say but now 2 others as well.

you don't say what grade your dd is in but still if its grade school then you need to fix it now before she ends up hating school. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 30, 2013 at 12:04 AM

6th grade is grade school here to. Still I would be making that appt  asap

Quoting Anonymous:

This is 6th, here that's grade school

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 30, 2013 at 12:07 AM
1 mom liked this

I would barge into the after school program and demand an explanation on what the hell is going on with that teacher.

Not_A_Native
by Ruby Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 12:13 AM

I'd be MUCH more concerned about failing grades, especially in the 6th grade with middle school right around the corner.  And really, if my kids were failing in ANY subject, there would be no after school activities.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 30, 2013 at 12:15 AM
Not failing, falling... This report card she got her first B ever and it was in this teachers class.

Quoting Not_A_Native:

I'd be MUCH more concerned about failing grades, especially in the 6th grade with middle school right around the corner.  And really, if my kids were failing in ANY subject, there would be no after school activities.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)