Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Has anyone dealt with a pilonidal cyst?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 43 Replies
I have had this cyst for 2 years. I have had this lance and drainage surgery 5 times in 2011. Recently I had another lance and drainage a week ago...experience at the hospital this time was horrible. I was admitted to the hospital from the 15th and discharged 19th. Usually I'm there a day or two after surgery, but my white blood count was high so they had to keep me till it went down. Nurse had forgotten to take down the npo sign so I could eat, forgot to give me my meds. Told the charge nurse and she took care of everything, thankfully. But now my home nurse is saying that it is infected and she called my surgeon today to inform him and I'm currently worried that they will end up going back in and draining the infection. I'm tired of hospitals but mainly this cyst smh..

Just wondering if anyone has dealt with this kind of cyst?
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 30, 2013 at 12:04 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 30, 2013 at 12:05 AM
Bump
zomgkerrie
by Geek Goddess on Jan. 30, 2013 at 12:05 AM

pardon my lack of knowledge, but what classifies a cyst as "pilonidal"?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 30, 2013 at 12:07 AM
My husband had one, he had it lanced and could barely sit for a week. They said he would eventually need surgery for it.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 30, 2013 at 12:07 AM
That's the name of it. It originates in the upper crack of my bottom or anyones bottom that has had it. Your welcome to research it if you would like.
heather.marie08
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 12:08 AM
It's a cyst that occurs at the end of the tail bone

Quoting zomgkerrie:

pardon my lack of knowledge, but what classifies a cyst as "pilonidal"?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
zomgkerrie
by Geek Goddess on Jan. 30, 2013 at 12:09 AM

ahhhh. I know what that is then. An ex had that. He had a difficult time also with it coming back. Sorry. Not very uplifting.  :(

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 30, 2013 at 12:10 AM
Yea that sounds exactly right and after surgery if he does decide to go that route, it will hurt. But not as bad as the actual infection. Having the surgery is a lot better than dealing with the pain...but even with surgery it can come back and in my case it did smh

Quoting Anonymous:

My husband had one, he had it lanced and could barely sit for a week. They said he would eventually need surgery for it.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 30, 2013 at 12:10 AM
Me! Omg I will never forget that pain! It got so bad I felt like I was having spasms in my lower back.

Luckily I only had to have it lanced, drained and packed once and it was over with.

I'm sorry you have to deal with it :(

I know it sucks.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 30, 2013 at 12:12 AM
Yea its very painful..just wish it would go away already lol

Quoting zomgkerrie:

ahhhh. I know what that is then. An ex had that. He had a difficult time also with it coming back. Sorry. Not very uplifting.  :(

zomgkerrie
by Geek Goddess on Jan. 30, 2013 at 12:13 AM

I fractured my tailbone 2 years ago and still in pain from it. I've come to the conclusion that the Tailbone is the crappiest part of the human body.

Quoting Anonymous:

Yea its very painful..just wish it would go away already lol

Quoting zomgkerrie:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN