Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

groupons?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
Do any of you use/like them? How does it work?

They seem to good to be true (some of them)
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 30, 2013 at 12:05 AM
Replies (11-20):
FoxFire363
by Ruby Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 12:18 AM
I hate them. But that's because my boss issued one that results in me working for a third of my standard pay. He isn't going to renew it and has agreed to not issue discounts that will reduce my pay without my approval in the future. With ours the customer gets far more than their money's worth if that is what you are curious about.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 30, 2013 at 12:19 AM
Thanks for the info! :)

Quoting beachbeauty:

I have used them and Living Social, usually for places like laser tag, paintball and stuff for the kids.  Once you buy it you will get an email telling you when it's ready.  Then you either print it or you can show the place the groupon on your phone.  Make sure you read the fine print before you buy and know your prices, sometimes you can get the same deal if you go on a certain day or something and don't need to buy the groupon, but other times they are really good deals.

sweetz684
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 12:21 AM
You can print it out or I have an app on my phone. Basically it like paying $20 for a $40 girtcard. Some do have certain stipulations. Like doesnt go toward alcohol or can only be used at a certain location. And the do expire. But even after expiration you still get your paid value to use. So if you pay $20 for $40 and it expires you still can use it for the $20 you paid.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 30, 2013 at 12:21 AM
Do you work at a salon or something?

I was just curious how they worked, like if I purchased deal at a restaurant for $20 but get $40 worth how do I redeem it etc?

Quoting FoxFire363:

I hate them. But that's because my boss issued one that results in me working for a third of my standard pay. He isn't going to renew it and has agreed to not issue discounts that will reduce my pay without my approval in the future. With ours the customer gets far more than their money's worth if that is what you are curious about.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 30, 2013 at 12:23 AM
Thanks for the info. I can just show them my phone as its accepted? Sounds easy enough :)

I have seen a few fitness classes for like $25 for a $200 value (example) thought it was too good to be true?

Quoting sweetz684:

You can print it out or I have an app on my phone. Basically it like paying $20 for a $40 girtcard. Some do have certain stipulations. Like doesnt go toward alcohol or can only be used at a certain location. And the do expire. But even after expiration you still get your paid value to use. So if you pay $20 for $40 and it expires you still can use it for the $20 you paid.
aprilm21181
by Bronze Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 12:31 AM
I used it for the first time for this past weekends Harlem Globetrotters game. Got 2 tickets for $31 each, great deal and we had awesome seats, very east to print the tickets. I was sceptical but it turned out to be a really great deal. Customer service was very good to, I ended up not being able to go with my husband and son so they just changed the name on the ticket with no problem and quick turnaround
zoo003
by Gold Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 12:31 AM
1 mom liked this

When you buy something of that nature, you will go to a tab underneath your name that is in the right, top corner (place the cursor over name without clicking and a menu will drop down) labeled "My Groupons".  After you click onto "My Groupons", it will show you what you have bought and then you just click on it and print off the voucher.  If you buy something like a magazine subscription, they will email you instructions on how to redeem it.  When you buy a product, you don't need to do anything.  They just send it to you.  Hope this helps.  I really have gotten some great deals from Groupon and it really isn't hard. 

Quoting Anonymous:

How does it work after you pay for like a dinner that's $20 for $40, do you print something out? Or for whatever else?

Quoting zoo003:

I have used them for quite a few things.  I really like them.   

Mamabear010
by Gold Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 12:35 AM
Bumping. I'd like to know as well.
FoxFire363
by Ruby Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 12:41 AM

I work at a chiropractor's office, and I am a massage therapist. When people come in with one at our office, they just print it out and bring it in when they come in for their appointment. They also mention in when they make the appointment. I assume that since a restaurant is a walk-in establishment, you would just print it out and bring it in with you. 

Quoting Anonymous:

Do you work at a salon or something?

I was just curious how they worked, like if I purchased deal at a restaurant for $20 but get $40 worth how do I redeem it etc?

Quoting FoxFire363:

3mommyandwifey
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 2:25 AM
Just got one for shutterfly..they are awesome...easy to use. Just print it out
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)