Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

If you haven't figure out why so many people are shooting up schools. well here you go.

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 30, 2013 at 12:11 AM
Replies (21-30):
Thelmama
by Ruby Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 12:20 AM
1 mom liked this

I am a Christian and I do not think it is that simple, that cut and dry. There is a lot more in school shootings than the lack of prayer in schools. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Jan. 30, 2013 at 12:20 AM

*cough* bullshit *cough*

HIJKLM
by Ruby Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 12:20 AM
1 mom liked this
God is not "forbidden" from schools. Schools are forbidden from leading prayers and such. My kids are still allowed to engage in silent prayer at any time and can have prayer sessions during their free time with anyone who chooses to join.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
winkyloafer
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 12:20 AM
God's in many private schools and there are still school shootings.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LeahJ
by Gold Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 12:20 AM
Sounds like the most vindictive definition of god. I cannot imagine why someone would think this is a way to inspire others to believe in god. Seems to have the exact opposite effect.

Quoting 428:

dont forget the catholic hospital's cancer ward.  Guess those kids just didnt pray hard enough

Quoting LeahJ:

Ohhhhhhh.....so if god is in schools, he'll save kids. Ok. I guess that makes sense. So why is he killing all the kids and babies of parents who believe in god? What if they homeschool? What about the kids that die that attend Christian schools? I guess he just doesn't like them, huh. Geez. I didn't now he was such a quid pro quo score keeping kind of guy when it came to the lives of children. Not sure why someone would want to believe in a god like that.....

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Jan. 30, 2013 at 12:21 AM

Hard to explain it as religion with the students when it's not the students doing the shooting....

Also, how do you explain away those people who shoot everything up after attending Catholic school?

by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 12:21 AM
1 mom liked this

Its fear mongering, historically it's how Christians keep faith.

Quoting LeahJ:

Sounds like the most vindictive definition of god. I cannot imagine why someone would think this is a way to inspire others to believe in god. Seems to have the exact opposite effect.

Quoting 428:

dont forget the catholic hospital's cancer ward.  Guess those kids just didnt pray hard enough

Quoting LeahJ:

Ohhhhhhh.....so if god is in schools, he'll save kids. Ok. I guess that makes sense. So why is he killing all the kids and babies of parents who believe in god? What if they homeschool? What about the kids that die that attend Christian schools? I guess he just doesn't like them, huh. Geez. I didn't now he was such a quid pro quo score keeping kind of guy when it came to the lives of children. Not sure why someone would want to believe in a god like that.....

Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Jan. 30, 2013 at 12:22 AM

The basis for many modern religions is fear.  

Quoting LeahJ:

Quoting 428:

Quoting LeahJ:

misskriss10
by Ruby Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 12:22 AM

popcorn

HouseKatof2
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 12:22 AM
1 mom liked this

This would be implying that those that believe in God simply leave him at the door before they enter a school. Last time I checked I don't need anyone's permission to carry my personal beliefs and faith with me. Also, last time I checked God didn't need permission slip to guide my life no matter where I am. 

Just because I can't pray outloud in a school doesn't mean I can't pray at all.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN