Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

If you haven't figure out why so many people are shooting up schools. well here you go.

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 30, 2013 at 12:11 AM
Replies (41-50):
Alejandra10
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 12:26 AM
I believe in god and pray and everything but seriously I don't think this picture is fair. I will never push my religion on anybody else we need tonrespect the fact that that everyone has different believes and to be honest I don't think this is something tojoke around because honestly even believing in god and all I know if that was ment to happen it was going to happen even if they pray in school. Death is a part of life and it will happen whenever the time is for you no matter what god you believe in if any
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Bauxite-17
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 12:26 AM

Oh bullshit.....

Anonymous
by Anonymous 9 on Jan. 30, 2013 at 12:28 AM

Uh no

Anonymous
by Anonymous 10 on Jan. 30, 2013 at 12:28 AM
Not this again. This one almost makes me wonder where God was last year when there was a shooting at my conservative baptist college. I guess he's just isn't omnipresent, omniscient, and omnipesent afterall. SMH!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 11 on Jan. 30, 2013 at 12:28 AM

I thought god was in us all....do we just remove him from ourselves at the school gate?

If you want to learn about god...go to fucking church. School is for learning academia...not religious belief.

bi-polarmommy
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 12:28 AM

even as someone who belives god SHOULD be taught in schools, even if its just theory, i find this disturbing

Anonymous
by Anonymous 12 on Jan. 30, 2013 at 12:29 AM

I already got into a 2hr argument with someone on Facebook over this picture.  Not making that mistake again.

Thelmama
by Ruby Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 12:29 AM

Oh and I can't begin to explain why bad things happen or why some kids die and some don't. I don't have the answers, but I have faith. But I also do not believe for a minute that is why there are school shootings. In fact, back in the past, when there was prayer in schools, there were school shootings.

This is from US News and World Reports.

Quote:

Feb. 22, 1978: After being taunted for his beliefs, a 15-year-old self-proclaimed Nazi, kills one student and wounds a second with a Luger-style pistol in Lansing, Mich.

Dec. 30, 1974: In Olean, N.Y., Anthony Barbaro, a 17-year-old Regents scholar armed with a rifle and shotgun, kills three adults and wounds 11 others at his high school, which was closed for the Christmas holiday. Barbaro was reportedly a loner who kept a diary describing several "battle plans" for his attack on the school.

May 4, 1970: Four students are killed and nine wounded when National Guard soldiers attempt to control an antiwar demonstration at Ohio's Kent State University.

Jan. 17, 1969: Two students are shot and killed at the University of California-Los Angeles during a student meeting.

Aug. 1, 1966: Charles Whitman climbs atop the observation deck at the University of Texas-Austin, killing 16 people and wounding 31 during a 96-minute rampage.

Now prayer and Bible in schools was said to be uncostitutional before these dates, most schools in the country did indeed pray and have Bible reading without sanction. 

The earliest school shooting I could find informtation on, was 1902, but it was a wikipedia entry so I am not sure how valid it is.

Let's blame the people who do the shooting and not peope in the schools. Put blame where blame belongs on the person doing the shooting.

okijet
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 12:33 AM

paganism, vs. christianity.   Doesn't anyone obvious--ly ''see''.... open your eyes.   This isn't about people shooting anyone, it's about all those antidepressants, and uppers, and meds, and forcing children.....TO GO TO PUBLIC SCHOOL>   

The amish shooter was a hater of public school, and was obv. jealous of amish teaching schools. which he didn't get!!  HE WAS jealous that he DID NOT get to be taught in the amish one room, as opposed to being subjected to the awful tyranny of public schools which nobody really cares about, since it's all about competition and success and doing better then the other person.   (you sit next to)  Amish is about doing good things, and learning to be good in the family when you get home, and self respect to self AND others. 

Public schools only teach what the state mandates.   Shootings aren't the norm either, it's usually repression which leads to those that are mainstreamed into subjection of public schools, and forced literacy, forced math, forced all the way in and out of their dogmatic ( and robotic ) mind training. 

Public schools are very enduring, and if you don't deliberately endure you're cast out, or made a fool of in the world outside.   WE have no respect for our children since the dark ages, and Rome.  Yes. Rome.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 13 on Jan. 30, 2013 at 12:34 AM
Knock Knock

Who's there?

God

You're not allowed in.

Damn it :(
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN